Woodmill 2021

silverflash

Headed out last night and enjoyed a very warm nights fishing at Woodmill. The first bats appeared at about 9.45. Tide was high to start and there was a lot of fish activity.... The usual splashing, rolling and slooshing. It took some time to connect with the first fish though, which turned out to be the biggest of the night at 3.5 lbs. I lost another bigger one that stripped off line from the reel and jumped with a big splash before it all went slack giving some idea that it was certainly larger than the one I had just returned. When the tide left the pool I picked up 4 in the tail, casting under or just above the overhanging trees. All in the 1-3 lb range. A surface lure received a few pulls but none stayed on. Pretty sure fewer fish jumping in the low tide water conditions. Good returns are being seen at the moment. A thunderstorm might bring up the Monks into a dirty spate and put paid to that if one happens! It's happened to me more times I can count, so am pleased it didn't happen last night at least!