Woodmill 2020

silverflash

Some great late season reports.... I drove over the Itchen this morning on the M27 and then saw the Monks in spate too and they both look pretty coloured for any further good night fishing for the time being though.......

Cornishyaker

looking at the forecast, we got lucky with our trip.

we were looking at another booking but the change in weather may have put pay to that.

Day time could be well worth a look though?

sewinfly

looking at the forecast, we got lucky with our trip.

we were looking at another booking but the change in weather may have put pay to that.

Day time could be well worth a look though?
Not if your in lockdown Wales !!!

Would love to get a trip in before season closes.
Sewinfly. ..........

Alwyn

Not if your in lockdown Wales !!!

Would love to get a trip in before season closes.
Sewinfly. ..........
I’m there on Thursday so hoping that the conditions have improved by then.

Alwyn

Always in the night,do fancy a day trip though.
Something a bit different.

Spencer. .....
I've never fished there by day but just before my last night session I spoke to a chap who had been trying for salmon that day. He didn't get any but he said that the place was alive with very large salmon but they weren't budging. In fact, he said that the only interest he had was a salmon coming up and nibbling the red sleeve on his minicon! I don't quite have the stamina to stay until it's fully light but I used to fish the first half hour or so of proper daylight and you could pick up the odd sea trout on small flies.

silverflash

Superb result Alwyn well done! The bonus of this time of year is that you can start at around 7.00pm and feel that by 1.00am, you've had a good session! You can of course keep going to dawn at 6.30am, making it nearly a 12 hour session! Pretty Hard-core fishing in these temperatures too!

Alwyn

Superb result Alwyn well done! The bonus of this time of year is that you can start at around 7.00pm and feel that by 1.00am, you've had a good session! You can of course keep going to dawn at 6.30am, making it nearly a 12 hour session! Pretty Hard-core fishing in these temperatures too!
You’re right but I don’t have the stamina for that these days! There was quite a bit more water in the pool by the way, after the recent downpours. It was running clear though but it meant that a couple of the hotspots didn’t perform.

Hi all,

I’d be interested to know everyone’s thoughts on the price hike for 2021... £295 per night seems extortionate considering the lack of work and condition of the pool. Three rods is a very tight squeeze at the moment.

Reactions: T7

sewinfly

They can go where the sun don't shine :mad::mad::mad::mad: .
Will be asking for my deposit back from last season.

All the years they have had money off us and made no investment what so ever.
At £295 forget it.At the moment you can only fish 3 on a full tide, low water you are struggling.
All Friends Of Woodmill should not bother this season.Then they may get the message.
Could go on, but better cool down.

Spencer..............

luney

I take it the fee is split between 3 rods? Sorry for my ignorance, it sounds a lot to me but then I have only fished for seatrout on club/Association water. Is it very productive water?

Alwyn

I take it the fee is split between 3 rods? Sorry for my ignorance, it sounds a lot to me but then I have only fished for seatrout on club/Association water. Is it very productive water?
Woodmill is a productive pool historically. The issue is that it hasn’t been properly maintained by the company that has the lease to manage it and it has become beset with issues. The anglers have highlighted these issues with them for some time but with limited results. Ordinarily 3 people would fish the pool and share the cost. As spencer says, in reality the pool only now allows 2 anglers to fish it during low tide, which is by far the best time to fish it. If 3 anglers tried to fish it last season or this season, they would’ve struggled to each find a good position to fish from. For most of my nights last season I shared the pool with one other angler rather than 2, which put up my cost but I just felt forced to do it due to the new conditions of the pool. In spite of this, the management company has announced this week a “small increase” in the fee from £230 per night to £295 per night, which I feel is completely unwarranted and inappropriate considering the state of the pool and lack of attention it’s had.