Woodmill 2020

lostangler

Hi guys. Any news from Active Nation as to whether the pool will reopen any time soon?

sewinfly

I got through to a lady called Charlie from the number on the gate.
At the moment WM is closed.
They are hoping to open soon,she mentioned June but not sure.

I asked about deposits paid and she said money would be refunded but again not sure.
She passed my details onto the new boss in charge, a guy called Maxwell. But not heard from him.
Will let you know if I hear anything.

Spencer. ......

Itchen

Hi there
Anybody had any communication from Woodmill as yet?
I tried emailing Julie today and it bounced back which is concerning and no answer from Dean either. I am concerned also about the poaching if no one has even been at the centre for the past 2 months

Jeremy

sewinfly

I have emailed many times and eventually contacted a lady called Charlie but she was unable to confirm when it was going to open.

You can join the Friends of woodmill group who are all fishermen at Woodmill.

Spencer...................

Alwyn

Hi there
Anybody had any communication from Woodmill as yet?
I tried emailing Julie today and it bounced back which is concerning and no answer from Dean either. I am concerned also about the poaching if no one has even been at the centre for the past 2 months

Jeremy
Hi Jeremy - I’ve been pestering the Active Nation HQ On behalf of the group about reopening but they are vague and don’t seem to be in a hurry. The only indication they have given is early July and even that is not guaranteed. I’ve protested again and am awaiting a reply. My first night is this Friday but i see no chance of that. To join the group PM me your email address.

lostangler

Hi Jeremy - I’ve been pestering the Active Nation HQ On behalf of the group about reopening but they are vague and don’t seem to be in a hurry. The only indication they have given is early July and even that is not guaranteed. I’ve protested again and am awaiting a reply. My first night is this Friday but i see no chance of that. To join the group PM me your email address.
Hi Alwyn, I've missed 3 days in May and it looks like another one coming up in late June. Gutted not to be fishing. Be interested to join your group too. Mark

Alwyn

Hi Alwyn, I've missed 3 days in May and it looks like another one coming up in late June. Gutted not to be fishing. Be interested to join your group too. Mark
Looks like opening day will be 23rd June though nothing is guaranteed. We should have confirmation later this week.

In the meantime, I managed my first sea trout of the season on Monday night, caught at Testwood.

26C67E1D-5003-43BA-AC0E-34CC943EE1A7.jpeg

sewinfly

Well done Alwyn.
Lovely fish what size you reckon.

On the Alwyn tube and any others caught.

Spencer. ........

Alwyn

Well done Alwyn.
Lovely fish what size you reckon.

On the Alwyn tube and any others caught.

Spencer. ........
Thanks Spence - I judged it at 4lb+ when I caught it. Took it on a very short black and blue snake in a lie that I can almost guarantee that I will at least get a good take. The fishing was otherwise tough during the session though one of our party had an 8.5lb sea trout and a 5lb salmon!