Woodmill 2020

silverflash

Some great late season reports.... I drove over the Itchen this morning on the M27 and then saw the Monks in spate too and they both look pretty coloured for any further good night fishing for the time being though.......

Cornishyaker

looking at the forecast, we got lucky with our trip.

we were looking at another booking but the change in weather may have put pay to that.

Day time could be well worth a look though?

sewinfly

looking at the forecast, we got lucky with our trip.

we were looking at another booking but the change in weather may have put pay to that.

Day time could be well worth a look though?
Not if your in lockdown Wales !!!

Would love to get a trip in before season closes.
Sewinfly. ..........

Alwyn

Always in the night,do fancy a day trip though.
Something a bit different.

Spencer. .....
I've never fished there by day but just before my last night session I spoke to a chap who had been trying for salmon that day. He didn't get any but he said that the place was alive with very large salmon but they weren't budging. In fact, he said that the only interest he had was a salmon coming up and nibbling the red sleeve on his minicon! I don't quite have the stamina to stay until it's fully light but I used to fish the first half hour or so of proper daylight and you could pick up the odd sea trout on small flies.

silverflash

Superb result Alwyn well done! The bonus of this time of year is that you can start at around 7.00pm and feel that by 1.00am, you've had a good session! You can of course keep going to dawn at 6.30am, making it nearly a 12 hour session! Pretty Hard-core fishing in these temperatures too!

Alwyn

Superb result Alwyn well done! The bonus of this time of year is that you can start at around 7.00pm and feel that by 1.00am, you've had a good session! You can of course keep going to dawn at 6.30am, making it nearly a 12 hour session! Pretty Hard-core fishing in these temperatures too!
You’re right but I don’t have the stamina for that these days! There was quite a bit more water in the pool by the way, after the recent downpours. It was running clear though but it meant that a couple of the hotspots didn’t perform.