Who starts when?

tote

Reminds me of a session I had many moons ago, myself & a mate booked a Friday off work so, we fished my local for a night of sewin fishing, the action that night kept us there until around 4am! 4 hours later, after making sarnies & a flask of some strong coffee, I was perched in the stern of a boat on the Usk reservoir after some rainbows. I think I drove there & home at around 7pm on auto-pilot. Didn't even contemplate a Friday night session but I was out again that Saturday night, the foolishness of youth..... 🤪 (I was in my early forties)
Those were the days, oh to be young again. Can well remember as a youth walking the 1.5 miles from the village down to the Nith, me and my mate, Uniroyal Keenfisher[?] studded thigh waders on, fly rod in hand and bag on back. Arrived about 8pm, had the craic with the auld timers then fished the streamy water until it got dark enough to start for real. Fished through until about 3.30am then walked wearily back home.

On the way one of us decided it would be a good idea to cycle the 9 miles up the Scaur glen and fish the worm, the Scaur had a tremendous run of sea trout back then. So after a bite of breakfast we changed tackle bags and rods, sorted some worms out and off we set on the bikes. The first 5 miles is fairly level but the last 4 is all uphill but eventually we got there and had some good sport fishing the white water at the head of the pools.

We'd covered a fair bit of water and before we knew it it was 4pm and we had over a mile to walk back up to the bikes. We were
glad that it was downhill for the first 4 miles but even so we were struggling to focus and near came a cropper a couple of times. My mate kept saying he was hungry, I think we both needed a sugar fix to give us a boost, there was a shop in Penpont village at the bottom of the glen but we didn't have a penny between us. It was to be our lucky day though and I can mind this like it was yesterday, litterers are the scourge of the countryside but on this day we were singing their praises because among a pile of empty crisp packets, sweetie papers, etc was 3 returnable lemonade bottles. Well, that was our ticket to a Mars bar in Penpont shop that we halved between us, making the last 5 miles that bit more bearable.

I got my tea and that seemed to liven me up a bit so at 8pm I decided it was a good idea to head back down the Nith with the fly rod. My mate stayed next door so I gave it a chap, his dad answered and told me he was fast asleep on the couch, so I was flying solo.

It's fair to say I didn't last long and at 11pm when one of the men was for home and offered me a lift I couldn't refuse. I can mind when I got home my parents were watching the film McKennas Gold and I started watching it too but I just couldn't keep my eyes open. Hardly surprising when I'd got out of bed 40 hours before. Not a chance of doing it nowadays.

weatherman

Today's news doesn't bode that well, seems as though supplies of the vaccine are falling behind by around 4 weeks, I really hope this isn't going to prove to be another problem to what we are currently experiencing.

luney

Those were the days, oh to be young again. Can well remember as a youth walking the 1.5 miles from the village down to the Nith, me and my mate, Uniroyal Keenfisher[?] studded thigh waders on, fly rod in hand and bag on back. Arrived about 8pm, had the craic with the auld timers then fished the streamy water until it got dark enough to start for real. Fished through until about 3.30am then walked wearily back home.

On the way one of us decided it would be a good idea to cycle the 9 miles up the Scaur glen and fish the worm, the Scaur had a tremendous run of sea trout back then. So after a bite of breakfast we changed tackle bags and rods, sorted some worms out and off we set on the bikes. The first 5 miles is fairly level but the last 4 is all uphill but eventually we got there and had some good sport fishing the white water at the head of the pools.

We'd covered a fair bit of water and before we knew it it was 4pm and we had over a mile to walk back up to the bikes. We were
glad that it was downhill for the first 4 miles but even so we were struggling to focus and near came a cropper a couple of times. My mate kept saying he was hungry, I think we both needed a sugar fix to give us a boost, there was a shop in Penpont village at the bottom of the glen but we didn't have a penny between us. It was to be our lucky day though and I can mind this like it was yesterday, litterers are the scourge of the countryside but on this day we were singing their praises because among a pile of empty crisp packets, sweetie papers, etc was 3 returnable lemonade bottles. Well, that was our ticket to a Mars bar in Penpont shop that we halved between us, making the last 5 miles that bit more bearable.

I got my tea and that seemed to liven me up a bit so at 8pm I decided it was a good idea to head back down the Nith with the fly rod. My mate stayed next door so I gave it a chap, his dad answered and told me he was fast asleep on the couch, so I was flying solo.

It's fair to say I didn't last long and at 11pm when one of the men was for home and offered me a lift I couldn't refuse. I can mind when I got home my parents were watching the film McKennas Gold and I started watching it too but I just couldn't keep my eyes open. Hardly surprising when I'd got out of bed 40 hours before. Not a chance of doing it nowadays.
Fantastic story tote,
You dont realise how much stamina you have when you are young. Until you are old😂
I'm receiving my jab today at 3-22pm apparently. Hope the guys at AZ were stirring the pot right when they were cooking it Si...😬😬😬😂😂😂

haptonlad

When I first started out sea trout fishing at night 20 years ago, I was keen.
A couple times I’d go fishing all Friday night & go straight into work Saturday morning for 6am.
I haven’t got the energy to do it now...

I think I’ll be getting the nod shortly for my covid jab..

SteveG

A couple times I’d go fishing all Friday night & go straight into work Saturday morning for 6am.

I’m going to try a few all nighters this year, as I use to years ago, always stop for a nap and a coffee when the dead zone occurs.

Get my jab tomorrow so I will be laid up no doubt just hope the sicker and lollypop help ease the pain 😂

luney

My GP rang me out the blue yesterday asked if I could get there today for it. I had the chinese vaccine so f🈶️ar s🈹️o goo🈸️🈸️🉑️d no sid🈴️🈳️🈵️🈷🉑️e effects w㊗🈚🉐️hat so 🈹️🉐️🈯🈶️🉑️🈺️🈴️🈷🈂🈲️🉑️㊙㊗ ever😂😂

tote

Fantastic story tote,
You dont realise how much stamina you have when you are young. Until you are old😂
I'm receiving my jab today at 3-22pm apparently. Hope the guys at AZ were stirring the pot right when they were cooking it Si...😬😬😬😂😂😂
Aye, tell me about it, I've been puffing a bit lately and have to go for an ECG test next week, blood tests as well.:unsure: