Who starts when?

Teal Blue And Long John Silver

On a couple of trips I have had up there in the past few weeks, my own river The Lune is looking in absolutely fantastic order. Doesn't appear to have been any significant flood shifts so my hope is that both salmon and sea trout redds have made it through. The season on the Eden is already well under way but travelling there is an obvious no no right now. I am hopeful that April offers us all some venting of angling steam :)

Andy62

I cleaned my salmon reels and lines last night, I doubt I'll be able to go anywhere until the end of March. Trout fishing starts the middle of March so I'll satisfy my needs on the Dane which is local to me. Looks like an April start on the Dee and the Severn, after that - lets see. I usually go Tope fishing with my brothers at the end of May out of Aberdyfi, hopefully we will get out this year as it's usually a good get together.

sewinfly

My local river trout season would usually start on the 3rd of March this year, seatrout as usual in April. Will it happen?
3rd March on the Usk for me Jeff but cannot see that happening at all.
You might get a solitary salmon about if your lucky.
For me it's a matter of walking the beat over the next few weeks and casting a few lines.

Also looking to see if any trees have come down,gravel shift etc.

Spencer. .....

T7

I cleaned my salmon reels and lines last night, I doubt I'll be able to go anywhere until the end of March. Trout fishing starts the middle of March so I'll satisfy my needs on the Dane which is local to me. Looks like an April start on the Dee and the Severn, after that - lets see. I usually go Tope fishing with my brothers at the end of May out of Aberdyfi, hopefully we will get out this year as it's usually a good get together.
Ive got some access to the Dane but have never fished it. How is the trout fishing?

Andy62

Which area can you fish? Are you a PAAS member?
Sorry Simon, I forgot you have a card. Swettenham, Davenport Hall and Radnor are the best areas, Hermitage drive is ok early season then the fish disappear. It's also a pain with dog walkers so I fish early or late. Manor Farm at Byley is ok now the trees have been cut, plenty of grayling there as well. The very top can also be good fishing at WildboarClough. The Dove at Doveridge is good water but it was spoiled with people spinning of the other bank last year. Both rivers have a good Mayfly hatch.

Reactions: T7

elwyman

I normally fish stillwaters from February to April, but may try the Elwy for trout if we remain restricted. I'm looking forward to doing more salmon fishing this year, and sea trouting usually kicks off in June for me.
Then there's finding time for some bass plugging......

phl

The trout season here in Yorkshire doesn't start until March 25th, by which time I'll be desperate to get going. I don't expect to try for sea trout before June, when I may give the Wenning a go - but this year, all being well, I have 2 weeks in West Wales booked for July/August...

Paul

Andy62

The trout season here in Yorkshire doesn't start until March 25th, by which time I'll be desperate to get going. I don't expect to try for sea trout before June, when I may give the Wenning a go - but this year, all being well, I have 2 weeks in West Wales booked for July/August...

Paul
There are some very good brown trout in the Wenning, I'm thinking of giving it a go in April

teififlies

On the Teifi the season starts on March 3rd for trout above Lampeter bridge. April the 1st for the rest of the river and for all other species.
Depending on the weather and river level I usualy have a cast or 2 on the first day after that rare beast a spring salmon.

teififlies

Paul
Hi Paul where are you staying in West Wales?

phl

Hi Paul where are you staying in West Wales?
Near Aberdyfi. It's a family holiday really, with my wife, my son Tom and his family - but Tom and I will get some nights fishing, mainly on the Dysynni
and Mawddach, and maybe some of the Dyfi (not the best bits). We like that area, but in previous years we've also been to Aberystwyth, where we fished the Rheidol, and once had a week close to the Teifi. We've had a lot of fun everywhere, and some success - never as much as we hope for, but maybe this will be the year!

Paul

Teal Blue And Long John Silver

Certainly are, I'm due my 1st Covid-19 jab tomorrow, not looking forward to the experience but situations dictate.

I had my first Covid jab last Saturday. Please do not worry there really is nothing to it. The injection took about 30 seconds to complete. You need to sit in a waiting area for 15 minutes after it just in case you experience an anaphylactic reaction. I had no reaction whatsoever and no ill effects ftom the injection.

weatherman

I had my first Covid jab last Saturday. Please do not worry there really is nothing to it. The injection took about 30 seconds to complete. You need to sit in a waiting area for 15 minutes after it just in case you experience an anaphylactic reaction. I had no reaction whatsoever and no ill effects ftom the injection.
Good to know, however I am allergic to any form of penicillin & suffer the anyphylactic reactions, not nice.