When does your season end

billy67

emerald isle on the river Teith the sea trout fishing was all over by the last week in July
but on the river Leven I fished right in to October on the tidal stretch and had sea liced fish
also wee found that the bigger fish tended to run early and late in the season
I suppose it just depends where you're fishing .

Teal Blue And Long John Silver

Got a bit more than you mate but not much more. Haven't even wet a line on the Tyne this season. Been a frustrating season so far.

A lot of the members on Carlisle Anglers have pretty much left the river alone. The general consensus is that returning fish in such poorly oxygenated water condemns them to a death sentence. For a club that historically has had a reputation for a high number of both salmon and sea trout kills I find this really optimistic.

elwyman

The best of the season is usually over by mid August, that's night fishing on upper river beats. We can get decent runs of fresh fish in September, so some night fishing, mainly around dusk, can be worthwhile when weather conditions are favourable.
My catches on a lower Clwyd beat this season have been dominated by small fish, but they have all been very fresh off the tide.

phl

I've had a few decent nights in the first week of September, over the years, but I think night fishing tails off quickly in the following week.

Paul

weatherman

Years gone by it used to be mid-September, with the certain climate changes, it has varied ftom late July to mid-August. Rainfall, as intermittent as it has been. being a main factor of when fish enter & move within the sysrem. As already mentioned, the larger fish would run early & late in a season, now it's when there's sufficient water.

weatherman

As far as the of the end of the season, here in Wales it's the 17th of October, for both species of migratory fish.

luney

The former secretary of one of the Association's I fish never fished after the grouse season started on the 12th of August he said it wasn't worth while. His face was a picture when one of the lads showed him a 8lb seatrout as fresh as a daisy caught in the last week of August.

Alwyn

In the south of England, the season runs until the end of October. I tend to have a couple of outings in October just because I can and they are often productive, but late September is definitely the beginning of the end for me. I do think that things are happening later these days, probably because of the changing climate. Fish seem to be be starting to run later and the keeper at Testwood has told me in the past that the kelts return to the sea later these days.