What kind of dogs do you keep

Teal Blue And Long John Silver

The labs always look 100 times better when they are kept in good nick. Worked at a guys house who had one. It was a sumo of a thing. I said it could do with losing a few pounds he said I hardly fed it and it get loads of exercise. All the time I worked there it was only ever kicked out into the back garden to do its business 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️ They were knocking years off it's life they couldn't see it poor thing.

You will not believe the daily ordeals I am sometimes subjected to. I made the significant mistake when mine was a puppy of engaging with other dog walkers. What followed was a tirade of what I am sure was perfectly well.intentioned advice but most of it was questionable at best. One woman once approached me with her husband and asked me what breed my dog was? I told her labrador. She went on to ask yes but what was the labeador crossed with? I told her the labrador was crossed with another labrador. She replied that mine could not be a labrador as she was so thin. She pointed at her in labrador which resembled a chest freezer with.a paw in each corner and went on to give me a mild bollocking as mine looked 'undernourished' She then on subsequent meetings went on to mount a campaign as she felt it quite wrong of me not to allow her to feed mine human chocolate as a treat. When I told her mine was not allowed chocolate due to its canine toxicity she told me I was talking out of my arse as none of her dogs ever suffered from eating Mars Bars. She continued to strongly insist that my own dog was seriously underweight as her ribs were and are visible. When I told her that the vet frequently complimented me for the care I was taking not to let my dog get fat she said vets always say things like that and they don't know what they are on about. This woman really should know about dogs because in my opinion she is seriously barking. Now I just walk the other and go all out to avoid them altogether.

Andy62

Your dog looks in great shape and you have a lovely touch in decorating the home Geoff. Our Ernie gets no chocolate, the wife's daughter qualifies as a vet this year and we get plenty of nutritional advice :LOL:. She hides grapes and removes any lily's from bunches of flowers, she also reckons socks are popular item removed from puppies by surgery.
The pictures from Tote were great, my eldest brother was a dog & ferret man. He's 72 now and has hung up his nets, there are very few rabbits around here now.

Teal Blue And Long John Silver

Your dog looks in great shape and you have a lovely touch in decorating the home Geoff. Our Ernie gets no chocolate, the wife's daughter qualifies as a vet this year and we get plenty of nutritional advice :LOL:. She hides grapes and removes any lily's from bunches of flowers, she also reckons socks are popular item removed from puppies by surgery.
The pictures from Tote were great, my eldest brother was a dog & ferret man. He's 72 now and has hung up his nets, there are very few rabbits around here now.

I have zero touch in home decor Andy. The living room in the photo belongs to Dawn, my fiancee. My own living room is filled with a piano and loads of fly dressing stuff :LOL:

luney

You will not believe the daily ordeals I am sometimes subjected to. I made the significant mistake when mine was a puppy of engaging with other dog walkers. What followed was a tirade of what I am sure was perfectly well.intentioned advice but most of it was questionable at best. One woman once approached me with her husband and asked me what breed my dog was? I told her labrador. She went on to ask yes but what was the labeador crossed with? I told her the labrador was crossed with another labrador. She replied that mine could not be a labrador as she was so thin. She pointed at her in labrador which resembled a chest freezer with.a paw in each corner and went on to give me a mild bollocking as mine looked 'undernourished' She then on subsequent meetings went on to mount a campaign as she felt it quite wrong of me not to allow her to feed mine human chocolate as a treat. When I told her mine was not allowed chocolate due to its canine toxicity she told me I was talking out of my arse as none of her dogs ever suffered from eating Mars Bars. She continued to strongly insist that my own dog was seriously underweight as her ribs were and are visible. When I told her that the vet frequently complimented me for the care I was taking not to let my dog get fat she said vets always say things like that and they don't know what they are on about. This woman really should know about dogs because in my opinion she is seriously barking. Now I just walk the other and go all out to avoid them altogether.
You couldn't make it up could you 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

haptonlad

My Dad had a Rottweiler & it’s the only Rottweiler I’ve ever seen the was trim & healthy in all others that I’ve come across..
He used to race & breed Greyhounds for around 40 yrs, so he knew what shape a healthy dog should be in.
He only got the Rottweiler in the first place because some scrotes were nicking his dogs for hare coursing…