What A Twit

Teal Blue And Long John Silver

The Dressing

Tube: Turrall bottle tube 15mm (very heavy metal)
Thread: Red
Rear hackle: Yellow dyed salmon shrimp patch
Rear wing: Yellow dyed bucktail overlaid with 2 doubled strands of mother of pearl micro flash
Middle hackle: Orange dyed salmon shrimp patch
Wing: Fluorescent orange dyed bucktail overlaid with 2 doubled strands of mother of pearl micro flash
Front hackle: Black dyed salmon shrimp patch
Cheeks: Jungle cock nails

The hook is an Ultimate Tubefly Single size 8

Which twit forgot to put liner tubes in these before he dressed them? That'll be me that will :(
I will of course be able to line them before I fish with them but risk setting them on fire when burring the end of the liners with a cigarette lighter.

Whooops sorry.......there used to be a lad by the name of John Williams who owned a shop with his wife. It was called Celtic Fly Craft. I used to buy loads of stuff off him. His salmon shrimp patches were just his own brand name for hen saddles. Any hen saddle will suffice. The ones from Christina at Chevron are very good but anything really with a fairly short barb.

Reactions: T7

T7

Thanks!

Having made a similar balls up with the liner previously, if you burr the liner then insert it into the tail end first, it is much easier to burr the head end without setting fire to everything! Sure you’ve thought of that but thought I’d mention it anyway

Thanks!

Having made a similar balls up with the liner previously, if you burr the liner then insert it into the tail end first, it is much easier to burr the head end without setting fire to everything! Sure you’ve thought of that but thought I’d mention it anyway

Please bear in mind that you are talking to a complete cluster**** who can set fire to himself in the shower :oops:

• Haha
Reactions: T7

sewinfly

Whooops sorry.......there used to be a lad by the name of John Williams who owned a shop with his wife. It was called Celtic Fly Craft. I used to buy loads of stuff off him. His salmon shrimp patches were just his own brand name for hen saddles. Any hen saddle will suffice. The ones from Christina at Chevron are very good but anything really with a fairly short barb.
I remember the shop to.
John is still a member of our club,Ffynnon Taf Angling Club.
Good shop had a few bits off him in the past.

Sewinfly. ....

I remember the shop to.
John is still a member of our club,Ffynnon Taf Angling Club.
Good shop had a few bits off him in the past.

Sewinfly. ....

Last time I saw him he came over to the stand I was working at BFFI. He pulled a hip flask out of his pocket and between us we got upside down. I spent the afternoon concentrating on not tying my thumb to a size 7 Salar single hook :oops: