Western cleddau

Paul Hough

Hello everyone I'm one of the members who's been in the shadows so I thought I should contribute. I mainly fish the W Cleddau in pembrokeshire I only really fish the fly as I'm absolutely useless with the plug or spinner.

Anyway the fly fished well in June on the middle and upper sections of the river. I myself had a number of good fish to 10lb 4oz see pic. There was also a salmon caught on worm 17lb 5oz.

July so far on the fly for me has been hopeless as the river has been up and down at the moment it is way up and brown.

If anyone on the board wants to fish the W Cleddau if I'm about I'll show you the hot spots.

tight lines Paul

Attachments

Reactions: T7

DAZ

Welcome to the forum Paul.

Thats a belting fish.Some time in the future I wouldn't mind hooking up for a session,I've not fished the Cleddau for years - Nice little river.

DAZ

jamjar

lost fish

lost fish

took one small sewin, missed a larger one (3lbish) that followed to my feet, and lost what was 90% certain a fresh grilse all on mepps when water was up a few days ago. does the w. cleddau get a decent run of back-end salmon?

T7

Bumping this as I may be visiting Pembrokeshire later in the year. Anyone still fish it?