WelsH Dee today

graylinghunter!

Air temp 10 deg
river gin clear at about 500 on meter
Welsh Dee nr Corwen
Grayling fishing today quite easy. Lots to heavy metal bugs about 15 fish in my three hours.
Cold wind blowing down the valley.
Lots of salmon reds cut into the bed which I was very careful to avoid. Lots of salmon moving as well. A pleasure to be out just a shame we didn't get a little sun.
No big fish landed.. Today's best fish just under 1lbs. Although I did hook a Salmon which made very light work of my 4lbs leader! before disappearing into the depths. The
outlook
Is very good for the Dee if you can get out before the rain moves in.
And it is bloody cold so pack the layers on and take a warm drink!!!!! otherwise you will get blue balls!

Last edited:

graylinghunter!

Air temp 10 deg river level still at 500 on meter. Gin clear. A lot warmer today as very little wind and some morning sunshine.
Still lots of salmon moving about.
Only five fish today. Surprisingly nothing moving to dry flies. But to be fair I didnt fish any blind today as I didnt see a single fish move to the small insects and midge that were present??
Heavy pink and red ribbed bugs fished with braid produced five fish and kited 3 others
One brown trout about 1lbs in stunning condition, and the rest grayling.
best grayling around the 1.5lbs mark sorry about the pictures taken with mobile phone.
Most grayling in 4 foot plus of water.
Five hours fishing and a nice chat with Dillon from Corwen.
Outlook mixed keep an eye on the river levels as rain is forecast