Welsh Dee 2021

Andy62

I went to Bangor, fishing down from the race course, one angler leaving who had been trotting maggots but had only caught a few small dace. I didn't do much better, a small parr, chub, brown trout and grayling. Not a fish over four inches, I fear this stretch has been abused by birds and I've always done better at Erbistock or Halton. The angler I met was local and knew all the area well, he said that 16 salmon had come off the Corwen area this year. There must be 60 - 80 bullocks in the field and they took great interest in me as as was leaving, what a pain in the a*se they can be. I'm thinking of having a steak tonight :ROFLMAO:

Andy62

After being Poland last week and the torture of travelling nowadays, I decided to head off up the Dee for some sanctuary and check out some locations I haven't been to for twenty years. Started off at Bryn Selwrn, lovely piece of water that will get some more attention this winter. There are not so many locations to get in the river down in the woods but it's easy wading once you are in. I then moved down to Cynwyd, top half is mostly trees and the nearside bank was deeper and silty, hard to get in but the lower part is good water. Picked up a lovely looking brown trout on a 10's silver stoat then found the zip pocket of my wading jacket open and the phone missing. Walked back up the bank to the pick up and found it down the side of the seat :ROFLMAO:

Andy62

Well it was a quiet night on the river and I did enjoy it. I sat for the last time this season waiting for dark, the moon does not appear until later as the hill keeps it away so it was ok. All I can say is that Erbistock has a healthy owl population that is very vocal.

Andy62

I had a few hours at Erbistock yesterday, bumped 3 fish Czech nymphing, stayed for an hour after dark but nothing seen or pulled at the fly. I hear a 34lb salmon was caught at the Royalty on the Hampshire Avon over the weekend by a 13 year old angler - they won't forget that! - My friend said the place was full of sea trout as well