Update from Denmark...

PVJensen

Well, after taking a loooong break from "everything internet" I thought I`d give the latest updates about my constant struggle with river seatrout:eek:
Having spend two seasons failing miserably with the "classic Danish setup"(floating line, big tubes, nightfishing), I decided to try something new. Daytime fishing, super fast sinking SH, fast sinking leader, 3`flourocarbon, and a #2, BIG, black, rubberlegged, heavily weighted Wooly Bugger. First trip I had a smaller(around 2 pound) seatrout following the fly after 10 casts. Then 15 minutes passed, and FINALLY, a 6-8 pounder took it. It jumped 3-4 times, and after a good struggle, I actually held it in my hands:cool: No need to mention it then shook its head, fell into the river, and was gone.............:mad::D. So still going for the BIG one, this season, apperently, I`ve found "my way" to fish for seatrout in rivers.

Cheers,
Peter

S

silverinvicta

Welcome home Pete..:D You've been missed mate :D Sincere congratulations on getting your first RIVER Seatrout,,,Hope to hear of your first big double soon then....
Any new patterns to give us??? :p

ATB

Si....

PVJensen

Thanks Si!:)

A friend of mine got a 10 pounder on one of my tube patterns a week agoe. Picture of fish and fly will follow;) Generel opinion is that its been a poor season in the river here, so pleased that things have started to work out for me and my flies:D

Cheers,
Peter

S

silverinvicta

That will give you confidence then Peter. :D Dressing of tube as well i hope :p

Si...

DAZ

Then 15 minutes passed, and FINALLY, a 6-8 pounder took it. It jumped 3-4 times, and after a good struggle, I actually held it in my hands:cool:
Congrats,Pete - Well done mate :cool:

DAZ

PS....Welcome back! :) It's been a while.