Tywi/towy

roger

Fished above weir in Nantgaredig early this morning. To me river looked perfect for spinning but I had no success. I didnt see or hear any fish or any other fishermen (which surprised me as it is a weekend). What is it that I dont know !!!. I may have better luck on the Cothi this afternoon.

bruce1

condoms

condoms

can some one tell me what weight condoms to use on the towy thanks:(:(

moonshadow

Hi Folks

Fished Friday for the first time in a few weeks, due to having to take the wife away on holidays.

Fished with my brother who has had a good week with quite a few small grilse all returned.

He started Friday morning with a salmon of about 6 -7 lb a nice fresh fish, which was duly returned.

Later that morning he had a pike about 8-9lb. In the afternoon we moved to a new stretch and I went through first with my brother following me through. We both had exactly the same lures on and on my first cast I managed a small grilse of about 3 -4lb. My brother then in about twenty minutes landed and returned 2 grilse of about 4-5lb 1 of about 3-4lb and a sewin of about 3-4 lb.
He was fishing no more than 20 yards behind me. I watched how he was retrieving the lure the speed etc and could not see any noticiable difference to how I was retrieving. I think that the only difference is that his reels ratio of retrieve is much less than mine, and therefore my lure is coming back faster.

I will try a reel with a slower retrieve to see if it makes any difference.

The other reason could be he is just better at spinning than I am.

His last three outings ( Mon Wed Fri ) have resulted in him catching and releasing about 11 grilse and that has been when the water has been high.

The lure he favours is a rapala and he fishes it very slow on the retrieve.

Moonshadow

raptor

There were 3 salmon lost today with 2 had in Whitemill well done men:):D:)

this is Andy with a 11 1/2lb salmon well done:D 9cm FT

this is Jimmy with a 14 1/2lb salmon well done:D 1oz black+copper flying C

B

bungle

Well done Andy and Jimmy....:).....Nice to see a few being caught.

Ian

wulff

Nice one Andy And Jimmy, good fish both of you.

I fished Halfway stretch after mid day, the water looked good for spin and worm, vis at about 2ft even with an HT Rap on, I wormed also but apart from a couple of tap's nothing to report, I think I need to pay more attention to the tide times.

Bruce1, in regards to the weight of condom for the Towy I usualy use Featherlite, much better classs of fish on the Towy! (sorry I couldn't resist):D:D:D
Sorry bruce1, it all depends on the water at the time, if the water is high I start with a 30g and work down in weight to what I feel is right,

Dunc.

raptor

There must be a run of salmon on as 7 salmon have been had in the last few hours just on one beat:)

wulff

Raptor,

Why am I sitting at home reading this?? :confused::eek::mad:

Dunc.

PS, I think I need to be out on the river for longer:eek:

S

stump

Well done on the fish boys:cool:nice to here theres a few being caught..

stump...

DAZ

Well done all-round lads.

A 'BIG' well done to young Clive :cool: - Take a bow son,infact,take two ;)

DAZ

PS....Not bad for a river with no fish in it :rolleyes:

woodcockandsewin

Well done all-round lads.

A 'BIG' well done to young Clive :cool: - Take a bow son,infact,take two ;)

DAZ

PS....Not bad for a river with no fish in it :rolleyes:
I see he's on the salmon forum now!

Fished a few pools yesterday, in perfect conditions...never saw a fin move, but managed a couple of sewin to 2lbs, and a 2 yard pull from a salmon, but otherwise just not my season...or I need some new gear!!

W&S

bruce1

towy

towy

HI can anyone tell me what the river is like for spinning tomorrow

raptor

no fish have been taken on whitemill in the last to days :( don't no what has happened:confused:maybe some will come in tonight:)

bruce1

get fishing

get fishing

boys dont wait for people to tell you the river is ok, they wont take a gamble. your not in the klick they dont want you down there when its fishing well, they will post their fish when the river has dropped or not fishing well and then say it fished well all last wk ect ect more for me:p:p:p:eek::eek::eek::eek:

B

bungle

boys dont wait for people to tell you the river is ok, they wont take a gamble. your not in the klick they dont want you down there when its fishing well, they will post their fish when the river has dropped or not fishing well and then say it fished well all last wk ect ect more for me:p:p:p:eek::eek::eek::eek:
Oh dear Bruce....Sounds like your having a bad season!!!!....:rolleyes::p

Ian