Tywi 2021

Alwyn

Well done to those of you who've caught, i'm struggling this season, although i did get a Brown Trout not far off 5lb!
What’s the latest on the middle river Aled? Are catches improving? It’s been a hard slog for me also this year and I’ve been hoping that things are just a bit later this year and more fish will show up - any truth in that do you think?

weatherman

That would be the same story for a few South Wales rivers this season, as you, I sincerely hope more fish decide to come later & all is successful on the spawning redds.

Aled

Pretty slow all round to be honest, there were some salmon around early doors, but there have been very few sewin this season. Pleased to see you guys have caught on here.

silverone

I do like to see positivity, but let’s not fool ourselves, the years on year decline has come to the sewin apocalypse. Just looks like a load of people burying their heads in the sand reading these post.

RhysMei

Just got back home off the river and for once this season it seemed I was at the right place at the right time!

Hooked into 5 sewin but only landed 3, this being the biggest, roughly estimated to be around 8lbs, quite a solid fat fish. The other two included one of about 4lbs and a smaller just under 2lbs.

In Illtyd Griffiths words from a recent podcast with Ceri Jones "The pool just came alive!" My best night on Llandeilo this season.

It's been a hard season and blanked several times getting to know new water on the Llandeilo and Cross Hands stretches but luck was on my side tonight!

Attachments

elwyman

That's a super fish, well done.
It's always nice when occasionally your luck's in and your favoured pool is full of taking fish, happy days!

emerald isle

Rhysmei, congrats on catching that stunning sewin, absolute cracker. Can i ask you mate, how many times have you been out this season and how many sewin have you had? I,ve struggled this season, yet to land a fish and i,ve been out a good few times. Hoping i,ll get lucky before the season ends.

RhysMei

Rhysmei, congrats on catching that stunning sewin, absolute cracker. Can i ask you mate, how many times have you been out this season and how many sewin have you had? I,ve struggled this season, yet to land a fish and i,ve been out a good few times. Hoping i,ll get lucky before the season ends.
Thank you! I'm a new member on the Llandeilo and Cross Hands waters and expected to be exploring and probably blanking a bit this season which has been the case! Work and family commitments allowing, I'd be out on the water at least once of twice a week since start of June. I was away with work for half of July and August limiting me to typically one visit on the weekend. I eventually focused on a few beats that I liked the look of and started catching the odd fish here or there. I've probably landed around a dozen or so sewin in total this season, a few have came off and caught a lot of small brownies and shad early in the season. A lot of people seem to be agreeing that it's been a tough and funny old season with severe lack of real rain since the end of May. I'm sure it'll start coming together, keep the faith and fly in the water ; )

Tight lines!

Rhys

Alwyn

Just had a short but brilliant session on the river. 3 caught, 1 lost - 2lbs, 4lbs+ and 10lb 10oz - my first Tywi double. Had to stop at 11.30 as I have work meetings in the morning and need to be compis mentis!

A455AAC1-D889-42DB-8B3B-4C982F14E1E4.jpegCE1F44BB-657D-49CD-8369-D4C9377B605D.jpegA229EA1F-4711-49B6-95CB-342E61D9D2B6.jpeg

sewinfly

Excellent Alwyn and pleased for you.
You deserve the double with the distance you travel.

Well done and a great fish 👍

What were the tactics mate.

Sewinfly. ........

Last edited:

Andy62

Brilliant, some decent fish and a double. Happiness is that walk back to the car after a night like that.

Reactions: T7

phl

ust had a short but brilliant session on the river. 3 caught, 1 lost - 2lbs, 4lbs+ and 10lb 10oz - my first Tywi double. Had to stop at 11.30 as I have work meetings in the morning and need to be compis mentis!
After a night like that, there's no chance I'd be compos mentis the next day!
Well done.

Paul