Tonights Tea

redfox

Doghouse usually or at the pie shed at Brunton Par
Having had this for tonights tea, I reckon its worth a worthy slot among the Winter Warmers.
Its a Recipie that Ive been knocking up for the past 14/15 years or so after coming across it in one of Jon Beer's Trout & Salmon articles, it is a cheap and very simple Recipie to make, and is full of flavour, just the thing for those cold dark wet winter days and nights.

Smoked Sausage & Bean Cassoulette

The Ingredients, please note that these are not the be all and end all concerning amounts, but this gives a good balance.

2 Mattersons Smoked Sausage
Tin of Baked Beans
Tin of Mixed Beans
Tin of Chopped Tomatoes
Streaky Bacon
4 Sticks of Celery
2 Onions
2 or 3 sections of Garlic
Tomato Puree
Worcestershire Sauce
Salt & Black Pepper
Dried Mixed Herbs

1. Chop the celery into slices and slice the onion fairly chunky, throw into a Wok that has a little melted butter and a touch of oil, add a pinch of salt and black pepper, and cook on low heat until softened.

2. Add about a tablespoon full of Tomato Puree and stir in.

3. Add the tin Tomatoes, Beans (all) and the Garlic that has been sliced along with a sprinkling of mixed herbs and a generous glug of Worcestershire Sauce

4. Let this warm through (slowly) stirring throughout

5. Slice the Smoked Sausage then add to the pot.

6. Continue heating and stirring to a simmer.

7. Serve up with a wodge or two of fresh Crusty buttered Bread.

Crockski, Please Note, The Smoked Sausage may be replaced with Billy Bear Ham if required :D:D

Redfox

crockski

Hey Steve, had a good rut in the cupboards/fridge etc and found a good percentage of the ingredients....:D:D......some substitutes though....:D:rolleyes::rolleyes:.....

......i also came across a tasty dessert during the hunt......:D:D:D:D......mmmmmmm

Cheers Steve, i'll try this for tea tomorrow. No doubt i'll be full as a bed tick.....:D:D......i'm just hopin i make it to work on Tuesday.....:rolleyes::D:D.....