Tackle Talk

S

silverinvicta

Hi guys, thought i'd start a new thread for members to tell us about tackle they have bought/aquired. PRAISE IT OR SLATE IT :D
maybe this could help other members making a mistake or a good buy....

Silverinvicta.......:cool:

S

silverinvicta

Nielsen rod

Nielsen rod

I bought a Nielsen rod two seasons ago from "Tacklediscounts" on Ebay.
9' 6wt.. to say i am pleased with it would be be an understatement..it's a cracker. Under £30.00.
Being a tad bored the other day, i bid on another Neilsen rod, not the same model, a slightly cheaper rod....
I won the thing. It arrived the other day. First impressions were......."I like it":D
finish is v good, not as good as my other Neilsen, but good. A 9' 7-8wt, dark green blank with lighter green whipping and a short fighting butt, very nice livery.
I tried it on grass last evening....Boy does it cast, a nice middle to tip going a tad more to tip than middle, powerful
.The rings don't look as though will last, but time will tell, I love the blank and would certainly re-ring when needed.
Obviously these are only first impressions, the true test comes with using it on fish, this i look forward to doing...:D
Oh, the price. .......£32.50 I have bought another already :eek: but a 6/7.. how much for my second ??................. £24.00 :eek:
Both come with good quality tubes and both are 4 piece with no flat spots.
Well worth a look while stocks last.

Si.......

outside

The nielsen 'powerflex' was the rod I believe? I had one in 9' #7. Super stiff, long powerful caster. Unfortunately I broke the tip off mine (big haul whilst hooked into a thistle), and I have not yet tested the lifetime guarantee. £25 I beilieve for a replacement, but I see they only do the other nielsens now, so I am not sure what the replacement would be....

S

silverinvicta

Yes Outside, the powerflex was the first i bought, season before last, excellent tool. These Nielsens on offer now, off which i've bought 2, are also a lovely blank, but they have no model name on the blank..Just "Nielsen fly rod"..
The second (6/7)arrived at my door just before 5-o'clock so i have the two to play with now :D

Si....

DAZ

I give Mr Invicta's Neilson 7/8wt a throw last night.

Blimmin eck!! - It didn't half throw a shite line a decent distance :eek: Like,John,first impressions were very good,for the money I can't see how you can go wrong!.

I'll look forward to seeing/hearing how it performs in real fishing situations with sinking lines,big flies ect!....

DAZ

bobronte

Your safer geting two of the same model if you like them as Nielsen as a company disappeared in Iceland 2 years ago or at leas tthats what the guy that imported said at a show 24months ago - i'd say Tacklediscounts bought all the UK stock by the looks of things but considering they were £100+ when 1st launched at the prices Bap bought them you can't go wrong.

Bb

outside

its a long and complicated story how he got them, but he got them of the factory that made them in china I believe!

SALAR

This season i've treated myself to a few new rods,,(spinning and fly),,,,one of the spinning rods i'd been pondering over was a 3 piece 10ft Hardy Marksman 18-50gram spinning rod,,,i can say its a superb rod,very light but powerfull,,very responsive and the tip translates every thing back to your hand,,,,it really is a joy to use,,,i've used it with some raps,and 20gram c's and a Devon with about 40grams of lead and its fished all the baits superbly,the workmanship is second to none the rod is superbly finished in every way,i managed to get it at a very good price from my local tackle shop(£80 off the retailprice),which helped sway the decision to buy another spinning rod..

Hardy Marksman,,superb finish:cool:

stump...

shocker

Very Big Cornish Sea Trout - one of a kind
Hardy Angel Mk1

Hardy Angel Mk1

As per previous thread,I went for a Hardy Angel mk1....its got some space on the back for the engraving I wanted and feels spot on,all right and tight.I dont think I will be able to bring myself to use it at night in the rough and tumble of cornish river fishing but I will give an update on how it makes out.I also got a mk5 bougle for the shelf,and maybe to match with a silk line and cane rod in the future.I think most of my night fishing,if I ever get to do any,will stay on the workhorses,viz:koma and scierra XDA.Or even my old magnitudes.The rimflies have been pretty much retired now,although I do use a couple of gearfly multipliers still.

shocker

its a long and complicated story how he got them, but he got them of the factory that made them in china I believe!
if you sign up with Alibaba trade site you can buy just about anything in bulk,sometimes as few as 5 items at a time,direct from the china factories.In one of my other incarnations I have done a fair bit of trade with china.Since all my goods were samples they were free of duty,but I wouldnt advise abusing that as the customs people have got more powers than the police or just about anyone - not to be messed with!!

outside

Good luck to him anyway shocks, he is selling the rods from the same factory as many others, but without the grossly inflated price tag.

shocker

In fact I just looked and its depressing,all those CNC large arbor reels that look so similar,guess what?I even saw hardy zane knock offs,min order 50.Rods likewise,even split cane blanks.

Who wants to chip in with me to get us all some new kit,cheap?

S

silverinvicta

if you sign up with Alibaba trade site you can buy just about anything in bulk,sometimes as few as 5 items at a time,direct from the china factories.In one of my other incarnations I have done a fair bit of trade with china.Since all my goods were samples they were free of duty,but I wouldnt advise abusing that as the customs people have got more powers than the police or just about anyone - not to be messed with!!
Ah yes, the O***m trade was'nt it shocksie ??? :rolleyes:

Si....:p

SALAR

Sean,that angel reel is a superb reel mate,i got a 7/8 and the drag is spot on and i dont think it will ever let you down...i got myself a 11/12 Mark 1 Angel reel a few weeks back for my salmon fishing,,,it was nearly half the RRP so it was a bargain,sold some kit and manged to get a 15ft Angel at a good price,,,it really is a powerfull rod and it throws a cracking line and its finish is unbelivable,,,,

Mark 1 Angel..

the Angel 15ft'er aint bad either..

stump...

shocker

Outside,as you say,good luck to him,he's giving everyone a damn good deal and probably not marking up that much either.I just wish I still had the capital to do the same with some CNC reels.

Stump,that angel rod looks lovely,whats the action like?Like you I am very impressed with the angel 1 reel,proper job.;)

...and as for you,Bap,I am going to take refuge in ignorance and pretend that I dont understand!!:p:p:p

shockington :D:D:)

SALAR

Shocker,the Angel has a fast tip action and a very crisp recovery,,,the tip action suits my cack handed approach with a V loop instead of a D loop as im shorter in height than most i find it easier to do a V instead of changing my D loop as i get deeper when wading,,and i like to put my spey cast together very quickly so the rods spot on for me:D..

stump...