Soy source and Ginger

kingfisheryh02nxs

This is a very simple way to do Sea Trout, you take your fillet place it on some foil, put some thin slivers of ginger on it then pour on some soy source and wrap in to a little parcel. You then leave for a few hours before placing in a preheated oven at 200 degree for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and leave it to stand for half a hour and that's it.

Goes well with thick noodles and some stir fried vegetables.

Hmmm nice, will be eating this in about 2 hours time, a very simple and tasty meal.

LB1

[QUOTThe combo of the two makes a great marinade for chicken too! E][/QUOTE]

Absolutely - but why not go that bit further with the chicken:

4 legs and thighs of chicken
Get two stems of lemon grass and cut them into very small segments (can be replaced by ginger)
Add two cloves of garlic
Add about 4 shots of whiskey
Also 2 table spoon of oyster sauce
1 root of coriander (2-3 if the root is less than 5mm diameter)
2 table spoons of soy sauce

Pound all of that with a pestel and mortar - till it becomes a paste then put the entire lot over the chicken.

Leave for a few hours (the longer the better) then ideally bar - b - que it,otherwise cook at a low temperature,150 for 20 mins, then put the heat up to 200 for 10 mins.

lb1

L

lochbois

Apples and Brambles and some Brown trout

Apples and Brambles and some Brown trout

I was out last night and collected 2 boxes of Brambles from a busy road that hundreds of people pass every day .Then i went a mile up the road and got 2 fish bass bags of apples ,crumble for me, and three elderly relatives ,Im off to Cow- Green in teesdale to hope fully get a few wild brown trout before the end of the season on Tuesday. P.B