Small tube fly doubles

T7

Does anyone know where you can get small doubles for micro tubes? Size 14 and 16 please!

Andy62

Loop sell 14's and Glasgow angling have 14's as well

Last edited:
Reactions: T7

Andy62

https://www.fishingmegastore.com/kamasan-hooks_598.html

I had to search about, it's hard to find 16's, they are usually trout hooks. Search for Loop, if you are lucky you might find Flashpoint HND Heavy Nymph doubles but I think they are discontinued.
I have been looking as I picked up some small diameter 1/2" nylon tubes when I was in Scotland. Also I've been trying 2mm copper / chrome plated trace crimps,10mm long and make a small tube but I needed a double to match them. There is always e-bay..

T7

How could I forget the best stocked tackle warehouse in the U.K!
Got some partridge 16s on order so will see how they look on the tubes I’ve got. They were out of stock of 14s and 18s

Teal Blue And Long John Silver

How could I forget the best stocked tackle warehouse in the U.K!

Don't get all snippy with me Gooseman cos you chose to go and frivolously blow all of the easily earned shekels that Ebay keeps slinging at you for selling some highly dubious merchandise. Glasgow Angling and Border Gun's just ain't got the same old credit terms as your friendly local Long John Silver.

Good Gawd, read this stuff. Cabin fever from lack of fishing has me deliriously spouting bile like one of the coven from SFF :oops:

• Haha

T7

Don't get all snippy with me Gooseman cos you chose to go and frivolously blow all of the easily earned shekels that Ebay keeps slinging at you for selling some highly dubious merchandise. Glasgow Angling and Border Gun's just ain't got the same old credit terms as your friendly local Long John Silver.

Good Gawd, read this stuff. Cabin fever from lack of fishing has me deliriously spouting bile like one of the coven from SFF :oops:
Service with bile, I mean a smile ? ?

T7

A word of warning on the Partridge hooks… I received size 16s this morning (great service from Borders Guns) and the hooks seem to be more like a size 12 to my eye. A bit too big for my purposes but can put them to use.

Teal Blue And Long John Silver

A word of warning on the Partridge hooks… I received size 16s this morning (great service from Borders Guns) and the hooks seem to be more like a size 12 to my eye. A bit too big for my purposes but can put them to use.

You might consider trying VMC hooks. They are very small and really strong. The only issue is the fact that they are French and if you don't find any in this country then bringing them in may cost you a bloody fortune and a wait of about 40 years. Don't you just love it when we take back control? :oops:

• Wow