Severn

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jasonrnewton

LOL,,just touch it many times for luck for me Stump please!!!..Many thanks for picking it up though as id have nothing to carry my lunch in without it!!

Ill try and get there tomorrow for it...

SALAR

2 from a lower river fishery today,and i managed to loose a superb fish at the net around the 14lb mark at another lower beat:rolleyes:...

stump...

Last edited:

barisaxman

I can confirm 2 from the lower river, both to the same rod. I saw them both being landed.
2 fish hooked and lost from the same beat..... both by me...again!:( One was on for approx 5 mins, from the feel and what I and another angler fishing with me saw of it, I'd guess in the 15lb+ bracket. Thought I had the best of it and the bloody thing just came off!!!!! The other hit the "c" like a rabid dog, nearly took the rod out of my hand, it took about 10 yards of line. I thought it was on to stay....wrong again!!!!!:(:(
Lots of fish about today and travelling too....

T

Tom Rigby

Well done to the angler with two fish. Commiserations to Stump and Barisaxman. I had one of those tap tap takes on a flying c and saw it swirl just under the surface.

J

jasonrnewton

Bad luck fellas..Thanks for gathering all my lost property Stump:)

camocarpmug

I finally found some fish on the Teme yesterday evening. Unfortunately they were completely unaccesable without some serious chainsaw and strimmer action, its getting like a jungle in parts.

Oh for worming to start

I will have to wait for a little bit of water to move them out of their hidy holes.

T

Tom Rigby

I'm told of another from the lower river yesterday about 10lb. That puts the successful angler on five for the season.

I've also been informed of one fish from higher up the middle river, but below Shrewsbury, and one from the middle Teme.

SALAR

Camo,i'll have a word with the 2 ghillie's on the water to get those last few area's cleared,,,we should be able to keep on top of it from the off next season and a little more work will make it all accessible and open the main pool so fish can be landed easily,should do well on that water as soon as we get some water,and should score well with the worms and new spinners after the 16th:cool:...(THOSE WRIGGLERS WILL SORT THEM OUT)got the rubber worms to mix with some lobs so i can stop feeding the chub and barbel so much..

rubber wrigglers..:p

stump...

SALAR

A CRACKING LOOKING 10LB'ER FROM THE LOWER RIVER THIS MORNING:)..

stump...

T

Tom Rigby

I'm told of three from the lower river yesterday including a 15lber and signs of a few fish on the move.

There seems to be an algal bloom on the middle river below Bridgnorth. The river is on it's bones and holding a nasty brown colour with visibility down to about 12 inches. Water temps have sored, reaching over 21c at midnight on sunday at Bewdley. Any fish moving in from the estuary are unlikely to run far until the middle river cools a bit which will hopefully be soon.

SALAR

2 fish sunday,3 yesterday,,,lost a good 20lb fish tonight and saw some nice fish,,,

Tom wrote,,,Any fish moving in from the estuary are unlikely to run far until the middle river cools a bit which will hopefully be soon.

i'll have to disagree with the above Tom as the silver bars i saw tonight were definatly fresh travelling fish going through:cool:

stump,,

barisaxman

Been out tonight for a couple of hours below Bridgnorth, couple of fish showing, one looked fairly fresh. Nowt caught apart from a pike on a flying c. Amazing how a scabby arsed pike will stay on but a salmon won't!!! Few Mayflies skitting about too. Something was cruising round the pool making bow waves, got a feeling it was a carp or are the EA employing scuba divers to bailiff the waters now???
Toms right about the water quality....YUK! We really need some rain.

T

Tom Rigby

Tom wrote,,,Any fish moving in from the estuary are unlikely to run far until the middle river cools a bit which will hopefully be soon.

i'll have to disagree with the above Tom as the silver bars I saw tonight were definatly fresh travelling fish going through:cool:

stump,,
I don't think there is any disagreement. I said I don't think they will run far I didn't say that they won't take the weirs on the lower river.:) My point is simply that once they hit the warmer water on the middle river they will tuck into the first deep cool water they find - or alternatively a stretch of fast broken water with a good oxygen supply (unfortunately for the salmon such spots are few and far between on the middle river at low water) . The middle river tends to be a couple of degrees warmer than the lower river in summer due to the fact it is on average a lot shallower. So, for instance, water temp at Saxon's Loade on sunday midnight was 19c, while at Bewdley it was 21c.

Thankfully, the Bewdley water temp is now down to 19.8c

It is a pretty well established fact of the biology of the Atlantic salmon that once water temps get to 21c they start to be distressed. At 23c you are looking at high levels of fatalities.

Last edited:

SALAR

Tom,I was just saying fish will run the river mate,not everyone knows stats and temps like yourself,it just read that fish wouldn't run from the estuary,you also believe the Severn is a warm river anyway..hopefully the river will get a rise of water soon which is badly needed and will bring a good head of fish in(might show if the bad cold snap was the cause)and might 'stack' the river from the top to bottom with fish:cool:

stump....

J

jasonrnewton

If anyones lost a floating shooting head, i hooked and safely landed it today mid river..

J

jasonrnewton

It is a clean line which id put in the 8 to 9lb bracket from Mullarkeys!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.