Scott rods advice please

holloway

I would be grateful if anyone has had a chance to compare a scott sas 10ft with a Scott sts 10 ft .I have the chance to buy either and am not sure which to go for i own a scott sas 9ft 6 inch rod which i love ,but am at the moment leaning towards the sts ,unfortunately i will not have the chance to try either.I know the feel of a rod is a personal thing but would value anyones first hand experience.Thanks in advance .Chris.

holloway

A good helping of luck usually helps i find ,hope to see you around this season.

SJF Simon

I would be grateful if anyone has had a chance to compare a scott sas 10ft with a Scott sts 10 ft .I have the chance to buy either and am not sure which to go for i own a scott sas 9ft 6 inch rod which i love ,but am at the moment leaning towards the sts ,unfortunately i will not have the chance to try either.I know the feel of a rod is a personal thing but would value anyones first hand experience.Thanks in advance .Chris.
I usually use Scott S4's for my sewin fishing, but I do have a 9 foot 8wt STS that I bought recently. This is a very fast rod. Seems great flinging a line in to a wind, which is what I got it for, but possibly a bit fast for sewin on our rivers. I'll be giving it a go in higher water and early on in the season though.

holloway

I ended up with the 10 ft STS it does seem very fast ,not sure i made the right choice but its too late now ...we shall see.

SJF Simon

I got mine second hand, It is apparently the "Puppies Privates" for bonefishing - I got mine for punching in to high winds in Patagonia. I had never cast anything like it, not being used to fast rods - but in the park this Winter it was outstanding in a wind.