Salt water fly line

Dropper

Hi Corsican Dave

I remember doing a little search on youtube on fly fishing for pollock and found your clips which I enjoyed and is probably the reason for me wanting to give it a go. I live near Eyemouth and St.Abbs which both have great rock marks surrounded with kelp beds. The only trouble I have is that I have so much fishing to be done and not enough time.
The candle is going to be burnt at both ends next year I think:)

Tight lines
Dave

stig

Does beg the question.....

Does beg the question.....

Why is it that I can't get on with my 15ft ghost-tip?:D Perhaps I need to slow down a bit:D Constructive critisism gratefully received:D

Dropper

Hi stig.

What is the trouble you're having casting your ghost tip. Someone may have a solution for you if you narrow it down a bit.

D

stig

Ham-fisted,cack-handed...

Ham-fisted,cack-handed...

Muppetry:D Probably sums it up:D Think I need to concentrate on tightening up my loops. Having said that-I find some of my Bass fishing is a bit chuck and duck. Tend to use flies that are 3-4 inches long and I like to keep my ears hook free:D So I reckon the more open cast is probably saving me a few trips to casualty each year:D

Dropper

I suggest a few hours with a casting instructor, It will help get rid of any gremlins you have and well worth the money.