Salmo the Leaper

shocker

Very Big Cornish Sea Trout - one of a kind
VHS heaven

VHS heaven

This blokes got some wicked items listed....vanilla ice,the chuckle brothers go golfing....real classy!Nice one drew,well spotted!

stupid shocks

PS excellent find on the salmo mate,well tricky to source these days.I had to borrow Please Sirs and forget to return it.Well.it is hard to find....:D:D:D

shocker

Very Big Cornish Sea Trout - one of a kind
hopelessy addled west country village idiot wants to meet,,,,

hopelessy addled west country village idiot wants to meet,,,,

did I change my signature?:confused::confused: I forget....:D:D:D

seriously tho,thanks Popski,nice to be appreciated....but..SSHHHH!Sir paul may be listening and want his vid back!I'll have to forget who I am again....:confused::D:D

Well, Pop was initially chuffed when this showed up in the mail slot t'day ....however....... after placing it into me ancient VCR apparatus the tape wouldn't play and cut out/stopped immediately after it starts...woe iz me:(...not all is lost though as ...following the properly practiced protocol of e-Bay etiquette I have contacted the seller to inform of said problem with the item and have been assured it will be replaced with the other one of same that was also listed on e-Bay:) (Most kindly of the seller to do so ) Pop will just have to wait a laal while longer and hopefully the other "original" will arrive shortly:confused: Can hardly wait to hear the voice of Falkus once again....haven't since watching the old Cousteau episodes some years ago now:eek:

Patient in Newfoundland........... Pop

nomadicseatrout

Pop, I also aquired "Salmo" from e-bay this year but seeing as I don't have a VCR I asked the seller if he could put it on a DVD for me. He kindly obliged and didn't even charge me anything! You could ask your seller if he could provide a back up DVD? Atleast you get to watch it if it don't work again:(

Best
Nomadic

Well thanx Nomadic I hadn't thought of that possible solution to me dilemma:confused: I will now re-contact e-Bay seller to make that same suggestion; hopefully it will all work out for ol' Pop eh!:D:D

I asked the seller if he could put it on a DVD for me.
Contacted seller ...was told that he/she did not have the ways and means to do such!!

Have also done some "Googling" the past cuppla' days and have come to the realization that there ARE different "formats" between U.K. / European VCR's and Canada/U.S. VCR's ....So I may just have an original & good copy of "Salmo" I just now have to try to figger out 'ow to transfer it and get it to play on me "Paleolithic" Player:eek::eek:...Any "Techno" advice forthcoming would be greatly appreciated...

"Numpty brained NFLD'ER"............ Pop

S

silverinvicta

Drew, it should have on it somewhere what area it is..usually a number.. I dont know which numbers are which areas but info should be available on the net...

Si.....

sewinbasher

Avalon,

We know you are in Newfoundland but you didn't say where your copy was shipped from. Assuming it was from the UK, you are likely to have the American NTSC system and the UK has PAL and sadly they are incompatible. You can buy TVs and VCR which are multi-system and will play all formats but the Americans find it hard to accept that there are other systems and you will find it hard to find a TV/VCR that will also play PAL on that side of the Pond.

If you know anyone that bought TV equipment back from the Middle East there is a good chance that it will be multi-system.

Now I will try to answer the replies to me dilemma...thanks for the info and the replies fellas
(1)
Drew, it should have on it somewhere what area it is..usually a number.. I dont know which numbers are which areas but info should be available on the net...
The only indicator of it being a wee bit different from other tapes is this "triangular enclosed letter E" on the cassette itself:confused:(mebbe indicative of a European product)

Otherwise it has all the appearances of a good ol' North American:p cassette

I notice that the distributor is in your neighbourhood S.I.:cool:

Avalon,

We know you are in Newfoundland but you didn't say where your copy was shipped from.
Sewinbasher....It was shipped from U.K....rather quickly too I should add...S&H not too costly either.....

you are likely to have the American NTSC system and the UK has PAL and sadly they are incompatible.
I just realised this difference meself yesterday while "Googling" for said info:eek:

but the Americans find it hard to accept that there are other systems
;):D:D

If you know anyone that bought TV equipment back from the Middle East
My nephew came back from a "tour" just after X-mas...he didn't return with any T.V. gear though,.... just a medal;....even better than telly:cool:

Thanx f'er all y'er input guys....you too N.F. (got y'er P.M.'s;))

Still stickin'................ ColonialPop;):D:D

Last edited:

sewinbasher

The Beckmann stuff is usually for the UK/European market and sadly is not likely to be compatible with the US NTSC system.

Does anyone know whether material transferred from VHS tape or TV to DVD is restricted in which computer or TV equipment it would play on?

Andy R

I've got a copy at home on the same cassette, I thought the 'E' stood for 'Exempt' from the British Film Classification Board (or whatever) along the same lines as 12, PG, 15, 18 and R and others for watching blue movies (not that I would know)

Andy

T7

Anyone know somewhere that stocks the DVD version?