Rubbish weather

Andy62

Its been a dry year, I guess we will get it all in one week very soon.

weatherman

Seems there isn't much of the wet stuff being forecast any time soon, the estuary seals must be having a field-day! I do hope there will be a deluge here sometime soon. 😔

billy67

Things are desprate here in Balloch wee havn't had any water since April
Our only hope is a small release of water on the weekends which is better than nothing
the river Teith is in the same boat but it doesn't have the benefit of a compinsation flow
our other small spate rivers like the Endrick and Fruin are reduced to no more than small burns
if wee dont get water soon the season will be over before it gets started .
Strange times we're living in .

T7

No salmon season to speak of on my local rivers. Time is almost up on this season and I can’t see things changing. Complete contrast to last season where we had good water from July through to October and the catches on our beat were pretty respectable. This year I think we’ll be a tiny fraction of that. Obviously runs are under threat but river conditions still play a huge effect on catch returns

Teal Blue And Long John Silver

No salmon season to speak of on my local rivers. Time is almost up on this season and I can’t see things changing. Complete contrast to last season where we had good water from July through to October and the catches on our beat were pretty respectable. This year I think we’ll be a tiny fraction of that. Obviously runs are under threat but river conditions still play a huge effect on catch returns

You know me Gooseman, I am far from pessimistic. The thing is though love it or hate it this season is done with and has been a thoroughly resounding dry out. Ordinarily I would have said wash out but the irony of that one would have been too much for me

weatherman

With your forum name you should know😂 as has been said next decent lift on the Lune I'll be out👍
Only received because out of area "visitors" would phone me up & ask what conditions were like, long before I joined any forum. Saved a lot of unneccesary visits for many would-be sewin anglers. Local information does pay dividends.

I haven’t touched a salmon on the Ribble this year yet, apart from the one I hooked at night.
I’ve done ok on the Eden.
There a good chance the rain will come when the seasons over…😩

I have to contradict you I'm afraid. You haven't done OK on the Eden you have played an absolute blinder. Conditions this year have been pretty awful everywhere. In the North Of England they have been absolutely dire. Your results on the Eden are inspiring ;)

Of course the rains will come November 1st. I will bet next months mortgage on it :oops:

weatherman

The weather warnings set in place for south Wales, regarding thunder storms & heavy rain for today, sailed past our catchment area without enough wet stuff to damp down the dust!

Approximately 15 miles the other side of the River Mersey from my own factory at 8.00pm last night they were rowing down the streets of a housing estate in canoes. My fiancee's best mate sent her some photo's and it look positively Old Testament. By 9.30pm it had all gone. Alas my beloved Lune which could have really done with some or all of that water remains drier and more arid than Arizona. No fishing right now for me but I do have 2 bottles of Japanese Saki chilling in the fridge and there is a bottle of Bollinger kicking around that my secretary bought me for me recent engagement. I might sneak away early tonight and drown my River Lune woes in some good old fashioned drunken debauchery :oops:

weatherman

For most of today, down here in the south we have had a rather damp day. Unfortunately, it's been a day of drizzle with no significant effect on the river! I do hope things can improve to assist our beloved to the spawning redds sometime soon.

haptonlad

I have to contradict you I'm afraid. You haven't done OK on the Eden you have played an absolute blinder. Conditions this year have been pretty awful everywhere. In the North Of England they have been absolutely dire. Your results on the Eden are inspiring ;)

Of course the rains will come November 1st. I will bet next months mortgage on it :oops:
I bet your right on your prediction for the rain😩
We’ve had a lift in levels this week but it’s now run off back to bare bones😩