River wear 2021/bishop auckland club

Mason69

Old/ new joined last year but only had a couple of days on the water, only just moved back to the area last summer, but was a member as a child 15 years ago but only really fished the nature reserve and a little at Holywell only because that’s were I could ride my bike to, so trying to explore all the water.

Lgraydonflyfishing

Old/ new joined last year but only had a couple of days on the water, only just moved back to the area last summer, but was a member as a child 15 years ago but only really fished the nature reserve and a little at Holywell only because that’s were I could ride my bike to, so trying to explore all the water.
Yeah, it can fish well mate giving plenty of water I only fish the fly mind so I only fish a couple of pools up that way but there was a few nice ones caught up that way last season πŸ‘

Lgraydonflyfishing

It's a very tough go on a night mate you better of sticking to the bottom of escomb weir pool,flats etc πŸ‘

Lgraydonflyfishing

Looking like rain is forecast for our wear catchment, let the night fishing commence. Next good lift and its time πŸ‘πŸŽ£, river on its bones atm, but the trout fishing has been really good upto now, getting harder and harder with these bright days and chilly mornings, but I know a couple of lads who have been getting some decent browns and some cracking hatches coming off πŸ‘

SteveG

Looking like rain is forecast for our wear catchment, let the night fishing commence. Next good lift and its time πŸ‘πŸŽ£, river on its bones atm, but the trout fishing has been really good upto now, getting harder and harder with these bright days and chilly mornings, but I know a couple of lads who have been getting some decent browns and some cracking hatches coming off πŸ‘
Had a great session last night there was massive hatch after the afternoon shower we had, watched some great brownies feeding like sharks with their backs out of the water picking flies up round the edgesπŸ‘

Lgraydonflyfishing

Had a great session last night there was massive hatch after the afternoon shower we had, watched some great brownies feeding like sharks with their backs out of the water picking flies up round the edgesπŸ‘
That's what we want to hear mate πŸ‘

Lgraydonflyfishing

Wow that felt good....few hours into darkness on the wear with Steve and Steve, didn't see anything moving but did have a couple of little bumps at the fly (probably just little trout), a friend has had a 5.5lbs fish, absolute torpedo bar of silver from his club water below ours. It's the first seatrout I've heard of upto now, mind you he got well over 60 last season all on the fly......, perfect night all in all just about 3 weeks early but you never know do you πŸ˜‰

Last edited:

SteveG

Great to dust the gear off last night and with some great company too πŸ‘
At least we know now where gob shite the otter lives πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚

luney

Wow that felt good....few hours into darkness on the wear with Steve and Steve, didn't see anything moving but did have a couple of little bumps at the fly (probably just little trout), a friend has had a 5.5lbs fish, absolute torpedo bar of silver from his club water below ours. It's the first seatrout I've heard of upto now, mind you he got well over 60 last season all on the fly......pictures to follow hopefullyπŸ‘, perfect night all in all just about 3 weeks early but you never know do you πŸ˜‰
That's encouraging, well done your mateπŸ‘

Lgraydonflyfishing

That's encouraging, well done your mateπŸ‘
Absolutely hoying it down as I speak, should put a good rise and flush on the wear (much needed) and bring them In and up, exiting when it's time to get serious πŸ˜€...only fished a few pools but nice to get a feel for it.

Reactions: T7