River wear 2021/bishop auckland club

Lgraydonflyfishing

A couple of new sea-trout sticks for me to try this season both rated 7wt paired with a wychwood rocket floater, Shakespeare agility 2 and a wychwood truefly T2, have used the t2 a few times on local trout fisherys and must say its a lovely smooth delicate rod but still has the backbone when you need it, christened it with a 10lbs+ rainbow on its second cast. Still yet to try the Shakespeare agility but for a fast action rod sub Β£60 it looks great value for money Screenshot_20210218-121602_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20210218-121625_Gallery.jpg

Lgraydonflyfishing

A couple of doubles from the wear last season lets hope there's some more of these big boys running this year also. Fish with the rod caught by myself 14+lbs and board member ian reynolds (featured T+S mag) with a 15lbs specimen (weighed) ....both fish caught in the day time on a falling spate

Attachments

Last edited:

Lgraydonflyfishing

The website is a bit vague on the requirements to take a season
Can β€˜ outsiders β€˜ take a season , or is it only locals ?
Yes anyone can join the club mate can be done all online over "clubmate" and is Β£150 for an adult member. We have 4 beats 17miles of water and around 50+ named pools

Brandon

I have looked through the Clubmate website and I am struggling to find where it is that allows you to join a club (Bishop Auckland in particular). The website seems to be dedicated to the Clubs availing themselves of the use of Clubmate but nothing else. Would you mind posting a link please?
Many thanks

Lgraydonflyfishing

I have looked through the Clubmate website and I am struggling to find where it is that allows you to join a club (Bishop Auckland in particular). The website seems to be dedicated to the Clubs availing themselves of the use of Clubmate but nothing else. Would you mind posting a link please?
Many thanks

There you go mate, scroll down to "join now"

Lgraydonflyfishing

Been bashing the rainbows on a local fishery with the Shakespeare agility 2 9ft6 7wt and I must say I'm very impressed. For trout/sea-trout im a wychwood man threw and threw but that Shakespeare for less than Β£60 i would recommend to anyone, be it sewin youre chasing or just youre local still water. Rod has a fast-ish action but is not a stiff poker like most fast action rods had rainbows upto 9lbs using 6/8/9lbs flourocarbon no problems at all, all in all an absolute bargain of a rod. Fished a full floater (wychwood rocket floater) slow intermediate (airflo 40+) and a di3 (again wychwood) and it was effortless and delicate for the floater πŸ‘πŸŽ£