River wear 14lbs + sea-trout

lewiswearfisher

IMG_20201010_192719_731.jpg
Had this beautiful specimen from the river wear. Did not weigh the fish but for sure in the 14/15lbs+ range. Fish took a red flamethrower half inch copper tube 2nd time down the pool on a 7ips rio versitip. Fish was caught on bishop auckland angling club controlled water on the middle wear, one of a few nice ones this season from our waters. 20min+ battle on a 7/8 guideline switch. An epic fish....even better watching it swim away strongly after a quick photograph ??

phl

That's a great fish, especially on the fly. It's in good shape, too, for a fish that's probably been up and down the river many times before (and perhaps, now, will be back again next year)! Well done!

Paul

lewiswearfisher

That's a great fish, especially on the fly. It's in good shape, too, for a fish that's probably been up and down the river many times before (and perhaps, now, will be back again next year)! Well done!

Paul
Thanks mate a real nice one. Very strong fish and a great battle. I lost 2 salmon about 30mins before this slightly smaller around 10/12lbs. To see this hit the net was unbelievable. A fish of a lifetime sea-trout something ill never forget. Blows me away the amount/size of sea-trout what run our little spate river, long may it continue. Thanks again pal ?

lewiswearfisher

Really nice fish. Well done!! Got me more than a tad jealous.
All about getting the fly in the water mate and a huge slice of luck, I thought I felt a touch at the fly and initially thought salmon. So coverd it again and it thumped it locking up solid couldnt believe my eyes when I saw a seatrout. Could see the fly on the tip of the mouth the whole fight, heart in mouth stuff, touched the net twice before bagging it a third time. Tough to bully and turn on a 7/8 setup. Over the moon when it finally silde over the net. Thanks mate ?

lewiswearfisher

Screenshot_20201024-152320_Gallery.jpg

This was the fly what did the business, half inch copper tube fished on a 7ips rio versitip... if you have Instagram check out my mates page "silverbarsalmonflies" top flies at a good price and custom orders too!

luney

Great fish!!
The lads on the Tyne catch some real lumps too. They are not targeting them, but salmon fishing during the day. I remember one day in early August after a dry spell the South Tyne was bouncing with seatrout. I had one at 3.5lb my mates lad had one 4lb and an old boy had one 11lb all in the space of 15 mins.

lewiswearfisher

Great fish!!
The lads on the Tyne catch some real lumps too. They are not targeting them, but salmon fishing during the day. I remember one day in early August after a dry spell the South Tyne was bouncing with seatrout. I had one at 3.5lb my mates lad had one 4lb and an old boy had one 11lb all in the space of 15 mins.
The tyne produced some lovely seatrout last season mate as did the wear ?