River Teifi 2020

teififlies

First time out on Saturday river is still running a tad too high for fly fishing so went upstream with the spinning gear. Got lucky with this hen fish of around the 10lbs mark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alwyn

First time out on Saturday river is still running a tad too high for fly fishing so went upstream with the spinning gear. Got lucky with this hen fish of around the 10lbs mark.

Super fish, well done!

teififlies

Late report from the last week of the season. After catching a salmon from the upper river on Saturday I thought I would try lower down on Sunday, wrong choice, river still too high just a couple of trout. Rained Sunday night and all day Monday did not fish again until Wednesday. Drove upstream again, caught a good number of wild brownies best was well over2lbs, a couple of small sewin around a pound and a cock salmon that must have been in the river since April about 10 lbs. Upstream again on Thursday more brownies, one sewin and lost a salmon at the net. River dropped out on Friday no fish for me but netted a first Teifi salmon for a guest a stale fish of around 6-7lbs. Saturday only 1 abortive pull all day, very cold east wind may have had something to do with it. Was expecting the beat I was fishing to be very busy but did not see a living soul.

Alwyn

Nice to have some action right up to the end, well done. I fear that it’s going to feel like an especially long wait for the 2021 season....