River Ribble

haptonlad

I thought I’d start the Ribble thread up ready for when the sea trout start to run the river.
I’ve nothing to report yet, I’ve not fished for sea trout yet but I may have a night session once the river settles down after these floods…
I‘ve been out half a dozen times after the Spring salmon so far & had nothing or seen any salmon yet😩
I also had a session up on the Eden last Friday & did nothing but there was a tide fresh fish caught on the opposite bank.
tight lines guys

Andy62

The Eden looked good when I went over it yesterday, Border Esk looked to have run off.

Reactions: T7

haptonlad

I had my first night fishing session of the season on Friday night, on the big Ribble at Ribchester.
I never saw an sea trout show while I was there.
I only fished through a couple of pools because I was working the next morning.
I had about 4 offers, which was probably trout, but nothing got hold properly enough for me to set the hook.
It went cold & the mist was rising off the river as soon as it went dark…
As I was coming off the river a otter made an appearance & was hissing at me lol.
Hopefully they’ll be a few fish moving in the system anytime now😀
I heard there was a shall of sea trout moving through last week in the day time around Mitton, heading up the Ribble side not the Hodder👍

haptonlad

I fished last night on the Mid Ribble area.
I never had an offer off anything at all.
At least I can say there was a few sea trout showing in the pool, which got me a little excited, if nothing else.
It got misty as soon as it went dark & stayed like this all the while I was fishing.
Maybe better luck next time out🤞
Has anyone ever done any good at night fishing for sea trout while it’s Misty ?

Last edited: