Ribblefisher

Ribblefisher

Hi all just want say hello. I fish the Ribble as frequently as I can. I fish in the day time as I had a stroke and it's not safe for me at night.

phl

Hi, Ribblefisher. I've had a few tries at the Ribble, but had no sea trout there yet. Whereabouts do you fish it? Do you get much success?

Paul

Ribblefisher

Hi Paul, I sometimes fish at Mitton, had Trout but not Sea Trout yet. I prefer to fish spinners. There are loads of small fish. I think the fish go after these. Regards Ribblefisher

haptonlad

Welcome on board Ribblefisher
I think your best chance of sea trout in the day time spinning will be when the river is in spate with small mepps, I've only ever had a couple on spinners but I don't really target them other than at night on the fly.

Ribblefisher

Hi Haptonlad, You will probably know if it is safe for me to try early evening fly fishing for Sea Trout anywhere on the Ribble. I would be interested in what you think.
Regards Ribblefisher

haptonlad

Hi Haptonlad, You will probably know if it is safe for me to try early evening fly fishing for Sea Trout anywhere on the Ribble. I would be interested in what you think.
Regards Ribblefisher
You could put your name down to join PAAS their have some good accessible waters where you can park next to the river, with nice shingle pools.
The post office stretch & on the opposite bank with easy access to & from the pools.
There's usually a 2 year waiting list, it's good value for money.
I'm sorry to hear about your stroke RF.
Keep in touch & I could take you on as a guest on my club water.
Paul.

haptonlad

Hi Paul, In In PA. but I am concerned about fishing in the dark on my own!
Ribblefisher
I used to be in the PAAS but I dropped out 2 yrs ago.
If I were still in the club we could have met up on the Post Office stretch, there's a pool there right at the side of the car park that a few members fish for sea trout. It's east accessible & wading is no trouble at all.
Have you fished on the Post Office stretch ?
If not you could go & have a look in low water in day light to see what you think RF
Cheers Paul.

haptonlad

Hi Paul,Is this pool a good holding pool for the Sea Trout?
Ribblefisher
I don't know TBH but this pool is deep on the opposite bank & the pool below is also very deep on the inside bend, so I would expect them to hold fish, which will push up into the tails & shallow runs at night. The down side is you get a lot of barble anglers that fish into the night, but they tend to fish in the deep slow pools.