Reels for sewin

teififlies

I used to use click and pawl reels for all my fishing, Hardy and System2 reels in various sizes.

Now I only use Danielsson reels and the F3W 4Seven is a great reel for sewin and I also use it on a light switch/small double hander in low water. You can if you wish turn the clicker off but why would you.
You can only buy direct from the maker in Sweeden.
://danielsson-flyreels.se/en/flyreels/f3w-series

Lgraydonflyfishing

After years of great service I'm going to swap all my lines over to the Airflo green reel.
My Whychwood 7/8 SLA's have been great.But the the Green's have been gathering dust.
Not got the black just thought I'd show it in a different colour.Not a loud ratchet.

Sewinfly. ........

View attachment 93453View attachment 93454
Love the sla solid reel at a great price and spare spools

sewinfly

They are very good for the price and mine have been reliable through out their use.

Sewinfly...............

ACW

Marquis silents are good bits of kit ,use them on my#4 rods and have done for a long time .
In the 70s hardy did a slightly cheper reel the Viscountmk11 I have those in the biggest size for all my 6/7 rods and there is a silent version in the bag !

weatherman

I acquired a Vision Kalu last season, loaded with a Barrio sink tip, (very similar to the Snowbee sink tip) which has yet to be attached to a rod. Is this pandemic virus going to ease up to give us the chance?