Rain!

T7

It’s a bit early in the season to be desperate for rain but I was out doing some casting practice with TB&LJS on Friday and the Lune is already full of snotty weed and very low. There must be sea trout starting to come into the lower river by now but conditions are dreadful

stoatstail

Yeah, I had a couple of short after work sessions up at Tebay at the start of the week.
Already getting slippy underfoot.
On the plus side, I did manage a couple of decent brownies.
One on Monday between 3.5 and 4lb and Tuesday managed a 2lb'er and dropped a larger one.
There is rain forecast for most of the coming week in my weather app but I don't think it's going to be anything to get excited about.

elwyman

Went to look at the upper Elwy today. Summer low and a lot of slime on the River bed.....they built a big chicken factory about a mile upstream two years ago, so probably a nitrate problem.

T7

Finally rain is here. Could do with a good week of it to flush the rivers through but all is welcome at the moment. I may even have a night session if it clears out a bit

weatherman

Had more or less a full day of it, somehow I reckon the bulk of it may have fallen in the wrong area, I sincerely hope the headwaters up on the Brecon Beacons received it's deserved allocation. Probably find out tomorrow. Other areas in Wales have fared well, I think the Towi has risen by about a metre, which bodes well at this time of year. Tight lines to those that may venture forth in the coming days.(y)