Partridge Captain Hamiltion etc

Rio

Just trying to get some opinions regarding old partridge hooks, Captain Hamiltions, jardine living nymph, oli edwards emergers etc. Do people still hanker after them? I have loads that i am debating selling but want to know if people still hold them in high regard these days.

Would value your opinions before i decide what to do.

cheers.

S

silverinvicta

Hooks an fings.....,

Hooks an fings.....,

Hi Lee, I use a fair few Captain Hamiltons.. in 8's & 6's, but i like the smaller sizes for wets.. Nice wide gape.. a quite strong wire... and a nice length shank.. I have some living nymph.. I dont rate them... wire is TOO fine for my liking...
never used the O.E's ....

Si.....

bobronte

hi Rio,

i can only coment on Jardine nymphs good hook use it for saltwater fishing - if you have got them as the curved shank suits shrimp imitations check out SI patterns from the past.
The grey shadow finish is used by many baltic fishers but although saltwater sewin fishing has been practised fro years only recently has volume of hooks & interest been directed widely to this part... sad becasue these hooks do/did the job - saltwater resistant, shape etc. no real sales back then so discontinued but what price are the partidge saltwater shrimp hooks x 10 (CS54 i think) you have similiar hook in your possesion that was made in Blighty........they aslo have the proper gape for CJ's Exploding Hare fly right. The one wth foam thorax the suspend it in the film.

If your heading to the sea-side this year knock your shrimp patterns on the CJ nymphs and wets on any other grey Shadows you have........save yourself money on getting saltwater hooks ( stainless steel ) as you'll need to sharpen them and check constantly over rocky ground as the points would not be as tough as GS or as easy re-sharpened.

BB

JonT

I've always rated the Capt Hamiltons - possibly over the B175

You might still be able to get a deal with flymakers - Douglas has an ebay shop but also this website:

http://www.flymakers.freeserve.co.uk/

He also does salar and other pre-mustad buy-out Partridge stock.

Jon

T

Teifi-Terrorist

They're all a load of shite and worthless. I'll give you £1 for the lot Rio, and then I'd be doing you a favour! :D

TT.

Rio

Thanks everyone for the info, that helps a lot. Excellent link JonT, gives me an idea of the pricing.

You'll have to up your bid Stef, it all goes into the patagonia fund:p

Cheers.

ACW

Due to the foul weather over the weekend the Fly Dressing kit came out .
had a tidy up of the hook boxes ,Huge amount of Partridge and Sprite hooks ,the Japanese/asian ones are a tiny minority ,though I do like some of the japanese salmon Irons!
Must get a seperate box for the now redundant trebles ,those too were all Partridge,bar a selection of Esmonds !