Ogmore 2019

sewinfly

Was on the river last night after sewin and fished the flood and ebb of the tide and not a fish was touched or seen.
Conditions seemed to be perfect.

With the tide came a shoal of mullet so decided to make the most of it.

Managed 2 fish in the 3-4 lb range at about 10 pm .Great fight.
The carried on after Sewin but nothing.

IMG_20190722_220203.jpg

IMG_20190722_221130.jpg

Sewinfly. ............

sewinfly

Sewinfly is that a Hardy Gem you are using , just wondered as I have one for my sea trout fishing and love it.
It's an orginal Gem 10ft 7wt bought it brand new when Sportsmail was still going in Cardiff many years ago ;)
My N01 Sewin rod.Apart from my Enigma Mk111 10ft 8wt.
I usually use a Sharpes Aquarex 9ft 6wt for mullet which is quite similar to the Gem.

But last night I was after Sewin so just took the one rod and a few mullet bits with me.

Sewinfly. .......

reservoirobert

Mine is an original as well 10' #8 had it from new , way back , also got a Mk 2 the same 10' #8 , I got the 8 based on the sea trout fishing but it's also a really nice reservoir rod , and the #8 comes in handy when the wind blows on the reservoir but it's also very nice with a #7 when conditions are good.
Illtyd Griffiths recommended it to me and it is such a lovely rod , I've had my original one back to Hardy's to be renovated a couple of years ago , when it came back it was like a brand new rod. I was told they were the last rods made at the Hardy factory. I use them for all my sea trout fishing and all my reservoir fishing.

dj33

Hi Spencer, hope your season went well,
Only fished the river 3 times this year, managed one sewin and lost a couple , hopefully I'll fish more next year.
Damain

sewinfly

Hi Spencer, hope your season went well,
Only fished the river 3 times this year, managed one sewin and lost a couple , hopefully I'll fish more next year.
Damain
Hi Damain
Had a couple of no real size.
Some nice mullet over 4 pounds.Which were really good.

Had 3 trips to the river Itchen at Woodmill Swaythling.
had about 12 Sewin with biggest to 5.5 Ib all fresh .

As I have a rod on the Usk I spend a lot of time on the salmon not a good year, biggest to 11 pounds and landed 5 with 3 lost.
My first salmon a fresh small springer was caught on the River Whiteadder at Berwick Upon Tweed during the month of May thought I was going to be on a roll :rolleyes:

New rules from NRW in 2020 so will have to wait and see how that pans out ?

Sewinfly......................

dj33

It will be interesting how these new rules effect us, although we know it's the fish at sea that need the most protection, I heard the usk had a not so good year , watching the results a lot say the same from most rivers throughout the uk.