Night fishing with Covid 19

T7

Hi all, now that angling is allowed again does anyone see any issues with night fishing? I have to drive about an hour to my closest beat and of course typically drive back between 2 and 4am which may look suspicious and result in police attention. Do we think that night fishing is definitely permitted and if so would you be comfortable driving around in the early hours?

phl

I think we can assume that unless it has been explicitly banned, either by the government or by the club or fishery owner, then it is permitted, and I wouldn't have any reservations about going out myself Having said that, we have seen that some police forces can be over-zealous in imposing their own interpretation of the rules, so I wouldn't be too surprised at police attention. However, if you're driving home after fishing, it will be too late for them to do anything about it.......

Paul

hollyfish

Hi all, now that angling is allowed again does anyone see any issues with night fishing? I have to drive about an hour to my closest beat and of course typically drive back between 2 and 4am which may look suspicious and result in police attention. Do we think that night fishing is definitely permitted and if so would you be comfortable driving around in the early hours?
The PM quoted, you can travel long distances to open places, you therefore, should be o. k.
My friend is going to travel for 1.5 hours, so hopefully o. k

elwyman

The situation for fishing in Wales is still confused, but the last I read you can fish locally and drive locally to your fishing spot. However, I have yet to hear the driving bit formally approved by Welsh Government!

Alwyn

The govt didn’t specify time limitations so I think it was clear that night fishing and day fishing were both allowed. The Angling Trust decided to ask the govt for confirmation that night fishing was allowed - foolishly in my view as it risked creating an issue that wasn’t there - but thankfully the govt said that night fishing is fine within England. The situation in Wales sounds like a mess. You can stand in a river miles from anyone as long as you can walk there but feel free to drive to garden centres!

Reactions: T7