New rod on a budget

SteveG

The VAPA is £70..
Is that used ? I currently use a vision nite catapult 9’6” 7/8# it’s a great bit of kit and for me it’s a perfect sea trout rod, I use an 11ft switch rod if want a bit more length or think I will struggle with a back cast. I haven’t used a vision rod yet that I havnt liked and I’ve had my hands on a few ?

TroutandAbout

Is that used ? I currently use a vision nite catapult 9’6” 7/8# it’s a great bit of kit and for me it’s a perfect sea trout rod, I use an 11ft switch rod if want a bit more length or think I will struggle with a back cast. I haven’t used a vision rod yet that I havnt liked and I’ve had my hands on a few ?
Yeah mate, think they retail over £150 new.

Think i'm gonna try going for it along with a Greys GRX if the seller will post as its for sale on facebook marketplace

TroutandAbout

Screenshot_20210309-103934_Facebook.jpg

Another rod I was looking at there, Redington Redlfy, "in hardly used excellent condition" is it me or is the top section missing a piece and the top eye? :ROFLMAO:

Seller hasnt messaged back..

TroutandAbout

Spoke with the seller and asked if it was a 3 piece or 4 piece as it wasnt stated. He said it was a 4 piece, i asked why only 3 pieces in his pictures, he told me piece 2 had snapped so was being sold with only 3 pieces!

Hate Ebay sometimes..

lewiswearfisher

Honestly mate them Shakespeare agility 2 rods in 9ft6 or 10ft for a 7wt are the real deal brand new for £60 can't speak highly enough of mine and I've put it threw its paces over the last fortnight or so with 45 fish using heavy lures, it never missed a beat!, decent Cork and whippings. Smooth finish nice solid action Honestly a bargain ?

T7

The GR60s are about a ton new now (depending on length/weight). I have a 9ft6 8 wt and it’s no slouch at all and should suit most casting styles. Very nice action for sea trout

lewiswearfisher

Teal Blue And Long John Silver

John Norris' own brand ni1 single handed rods are only £95.00 Its gotta be worth a call to them and see if they have any. They sometimes have promotions and throw in a free fly line. The rod are fantastic. The lines are very much budget ;)

Reactions: T7

merlin

Morning guys..

My finances now dictate that new fishing gear isn't the top if my priorities.. I'm looking for a new rod, on a budget!.. For years I have used my Greys Greyflex 10ft 7w which has been outstanding however, i'm needing another rod. The 3 i have looked at were the Shakespeares Agility,Sigma and the Airflo Delta.
Anyone with a better knowledge of newer rods than me vouch for any of those? Or indeed, recommend a better one on a "budget"
Thanks,
Andy
why pay a fortune for rods they don't catch anymore fish

sewinwrestler

Morning guys..

My finances now dictate that new fishing gear isn't the top if my priorities.. I'm looking for a new rod, on a budget!.. For years I have used my Greys Greyflex 10ft 7w which has been outstanding however, i'm needing another rod. The 3 i have looked at were the Shakespeares Agility,Sigma and the Airflo Delta.
Anyone with a better knowledge of newer rods than me vouch for any of those? Or indeed, recommend a better one on a "budget"
Thanks,
Andy
I use a Shakespeare Sigma Supra 10' rated #6. A beautiful through action and great with WF8 lines for short range. I have taken many sea trout over 8lbs with it and a 14.5lb salmon. Value for money!