teifisewin

Hi there,

Originating from S. Wales but now living in Worcester. Been a member of Llandysul AA for about 6 or 7 years. I usually manage a couple of weeks fishing on the Teifi each season and have a great fondness for the river having been introduced to it 56 years ago at the tender age of 9, by my Dad. The fish kill last week prompted me to discover websites that could provide the latest news on this disaster. Still learning to navigate this site to see what I can find. One thing's for sure.....Llandysul AA needs their membership in high figures more than ever at this difficult time. Hope the culprits are identified and that some sort of justice is applied, though tragically any punishment can't turn the clock back.

phl

Welcome, Teifisewin.
I've fished the Teifi only a couple of times, (the first time, like you, more than 50 years ago) but of course I was very sad to hear of the pollution. Don't lose heart, however: in my experience, rivers recover more quickly than we expect from such disasters. Fish populations are more resilient than we think: each female will spawn thousands of eggs each year, an evolutionary strategy to cope with high mortality, and (provided the river is healthy), survival rates will be high.

I'll look forward to you posting your successes next year!

Paul

teifisewin

Hi Paul,

I see your in Knaresborough. We lived in Wetherby for about 5 years.....used to fish the Nidd around Pateley Bridge. Lots of fond memories! For the Teifi, I hope your right. I'd be there even if the fishing was decimated, it's such a pretty stream! Cheers

phl

Hi Paul,

I see your in Knaresborough. We lived in Wetherby for about 5 years.....used to fish the Nidd around Pateley Bridge. Lots of fond memories! For the Teifi, I hope your right. I'd be there even if the fishing was decimated, it's such a pretty stream! Cheers
Yes, the Nidd is my main river these days. Good trout fishing and decent grayling, but no seatrout, sadly!

Paul