My start to 2011

Hoppy

Administrator
Staff member
So this was the first trip of 2011, and i was joined by Outside and our friend Katherine.

The weather was perfect, the river a tad high, but ok, and there were fish rising - it was promising!

So a few casts in and a fish - a good start

followed by another lump

It was a good start, and when i joined outside, he'd had a few.

There were signs of Otters in the area, and a Salmon had been devoured and skinned by one in the run. There was also a dead heron close by - that also looked like it had succomb to the otter!

I then fished another run, and within a few minutes, hooked into another fish

and then another

That was a cracker, but then this monster - a stunning start to 2011 - look at its shoulders!:eek::eek::eek:

and a few more pics of what were some stunning fish!

Happy Days!!!

And on moving down to another beat, my luck stayed! and i managed a few more....

The day finished on a high, when we watched a number of Salmon Spawning 4ft from the bank - a sight to behold!

Hoppy:D:D

squirrelblue

Well done Mate some cracking fish there,
i was a bit further up river today and really struggled:eek: and had no sign of fish rising.
SB

Hoppy

Administrator
Staff member
Some friends were fishing downstream today - and they struggled, im just lucky when it comes to Grayling;)

Its not fishing well though, id expect alot more normally.

Hoppy:)

outside

Truth is, that big fish of yours looked a lot bigger in the flesh. It must have been quite a fight, as I was a good 300 yards up river when you shouted, and got there just after you had landed it!

Seeing the salmon redd cutting right next to you is a sight I will never forget.

woodpecker

big fish?

big fish?

The reason they look big is because Paul,s got dainty little hands mmm:D:D

watermole+

A dream start to the season..what fantastic fishing you have!

-What was the approx. weight of the fish you are holding? It looks a really chunky one!

Well done-and keep the photos coming..

w+

Hoppy

Administrator
Staff member
-What was the approx. weight of the fish you are holding? It looks a really chunky one

w+
watermole, thanks for the comments, I came back to earth with a bump on Monday struggling for 4 fish, only one of which was a lump!

The fish you mention was over 3lbs, but not 4!

woodpecker is right I'm really short and skinny!!!!

Hoppy!

Andy R

Hoppy,

Fantastic looking fish, was it the upper Dee? Did you get any pics of the salmon spawning?

Andy

Hoppy

Administrator
Staff member
Andy - Not so Upper Dee, more mid/lower river. Ive got some pics but they are atrocious and out of focus due to the time of the day and the light conditions.

Hoppy

Hoppy

Administrator
Staff member
I havent forgot about our trip - i will be in touch when the rivers drop back,

Hoppy