My season so far.

haptonlad

Nice one Daz!
Keep them coming, i'm sure they'll stick next time round.
The forum seems to be getting back to it's former self since you've come back on board.
Paul.

elwyman

Nice report Daz.............so I could fish all night for sea trout and then go after bass at first light.........not sure how long I would last!:D

Last edited:

DAZ

Cheers guys.

This is the very fly I caught the fish on.

The pattern is nothing special/new it's the material that is new to me,it really is fantastic stuff.The movement and the profile the fly keeps in the water is just brilliant.This is the first pattern I have ever tied with the stuff,I'm looking forward to having a play around with it.

Daz

DAZ

Andy,I did reply to your post last night but,for some reason it's gone AWOL!.

Anyway,I use a few different types mate,Varivas,Tiemco and sakuma.

PS.If your ever up for a session on the Bass Andy your more than welcome to tag along.

Billy.

It's a material called "Baitfish Emulator Flash".
It is so easy to work with,the fly in the pix takes less than two minutes to tie.It comes on a ribbon,all you do is tie it in at the rear of the hook,wind it forward stroking the material back as you go,a little trimming and the jobs done more or less.It comes in a range of colours,I just use pearl myself and colour with permanent markers to the colour I want. The material comes in two different sizes,standard and mega,the standard fibre is around 2 1/2"inch long and the Mega is around 5"inch long.The fly in the pix is tied with the mega and is 6"inch overall.

Daz

DAZ

Cheers Daz - Just ordered a pack - no other materials except the eye?
Nope,no other materials Billy.Just pens and a bit of bugbond.

I'll drop you a pm when the time is right Andy.It's looking real good for next week.

Daz

Glyn

Hi Daz, I've been meaning to go out on the bass this year as I rarely get the chance concentrating on the rivers, your pics I have been there before but a bit further along, if your about a week day next week not in work we could have a bash if the tides are right'ish let me know..don't worry if you cant I will still have a go.
Glyn

DAZ

I doubt I would get a day off mate,we are flat out at work.I am planning on a late,or early one,there this coming weekend.Thanks for the offer Glyn......Let me know how you get on.

Had another early one Sat morning just gone,not much to report i'm afraid.Plenty of follows off fish ( nothing of size ) but only the one landed @ around 2lb.I had the company of dolphins again which was very nice.

Daz

DAZ

Brilliant session this evening.Lots of fish around the 3lb mark,also got a few pollock.It was that hectic at one point I had to cut the dropper off,two 3lb bass on at the same time is hard work.Quite surprised that none of them snapped me off.Garfish were everywhere ( must have a go at them over the weekend ) and plenty of mackerel about.

Daz

elwyman

Sounds like a great session Daz, well done.....................two 3lb bass at once on a fly rod sounds interesting!

DAZ

Sounds like a great session Daz, well done.....................two 3lb bass at once on a fly rod sounds interesting!
Thanks mate.It was,very interesting.Like I say,hard work but great fun.

Hi Andy.
The simple answer would be yes.

Glyn

Hi Daz, gave it a go this morning got there about 4.45am slight offshore breeze and flat calm with a 11.2 tide I prefer a bit higher and a slight chop but had a go...had 3 bass 3 to 4lb all on shallow diver at long range spotted the fish moving about 50/60yds off, fish took within 10yds of the reeling in, I never would have reached them with the fly today apart from one or two fish close'ish in which ignored the plugs they were all well out.

Nice to get out again ...found a leak in the waders, also the water was really quite warm plus lots of young sandeel's in the shallows.
cheers
Glyn

DAZ

Cheers mate.Well done on the bass,not a bad result at all.
PS...What time did you start hitting the fish Glyn ?.

Had a go myself yesterday morning.When I got there bass were busting everywhere,but sadly they were small,only up to a couple of pounds at most.I could have had some real fun on the poppers but,they are not what I am after and I did not want to cause them any undue harm and left them to their breakfast.I managed to land five bass after a lot of searching,again small fish of a couple of pounds.I didn't see anything decent swim past or have a chase yesterday,I found it quite tuff going on the bass and decided to have a crack at the mullet for the last hour or so.Again,these were really thin on the ground compared to most tides and considering the situation I pleased to get just the one

Daz