Mullet on the fly??

dave b

What sort of flys should I try? and retrieve technique? any help please:)

DAZ

There are a number of flies that will catch mullet,red tags,black pennel etc!.They often get caught on clousers and the like when bass fishing although,I would not suggest you use such patterns to target them.

Personally I would use Hares ear and pheasant tail nymphs.Of course you could use bread fly imitations,this can work well with a few free offerings of the real stuff thrown in.

They can be tuff nuts to crack - Good luck!

DAZ

sewinfly

There are a number of flies that will catch mullet,red tags,black pennel etc!.They often get caught on clousers and the like when bass fishing although,I would not suggest you use such patterns to target them.

Personally I would use Hares ear and pheasant tail nymphs.Of course you could use bread fly imitations,this can work well with a few free offerings of the real stuff thrown in.

They can be tuff nuts to crack - Good luck!

DAZ
I'll second that ;)

sewinfly................

barisaxman

I had an absolute cracker a few years back on the Dovey estruary (Borth side) on a pearl Mylar type fly, whilst I was after Bass. I tied it on a size 4 stainless sea hook and fished it on a inter tip. Think of a snake fly but the Mylar (about 3-4 ins long ) threaded on like a worm tied off at the eye. I used to tie off the end of the Mylar too, just to stop it freying. Looked like and swam just like a sand eel. I tied a few up on white and orange lead-heads too, they worked well with a floating line and faily fast retrieve. Didn't get to land any Mullet on those but had a couple of very small Pollock and a couple of rod wrenching pulls!

loughman

Ive just tied an imitation of a fly that someone pm'd me with a while back.Its basically ties on a carp hook,white marabou tail,olive green fritz body.Ive also slid a pearl bead halfway along the shank & wrapped the fritz either side.I'll give it a go soon after my troublesome shoulder/neck calms down.