Messing about on the vice

Andy62

Cheers, one year on at tying flies and they are starting to look like something :LOL:
I quite like the Haugar pattern and I'll tie some on some smaller hooks to try in the Naver estuary this summer and some small doubles for the other rivers. The little one will be getting a swim as well.

billy fish

Here is last nights effort, although I confess to tying a few other trout flies as well. The next fly will be called 'The Patterdale' after Ernie, it's going to be black with a white throat :)

View attachment 94290
You will not be surprised to hear me say “that’s my kind of fly” . Lovely fly with the right colours and well tied.

Andy62

I think we both have an eye for the same kind of flies, the fly appears in this month's Trout & Salmon and I'm hoping it will serve me well in Scotland this year.

billy67

Thats a catcher for sure and yet again the standard of tying is exellent
I think that I will be having a go at tying some of these spiders (y)

stoatstail

I think we both have an eye for the same kind of flies, the fly appears in this month's Trout & Salmon and I'm hoping it will serve me well in Scotland this year.
Any chance you can post the pattern details mate?
One of my customers gives me his T&S's every few months so I don't bother buying it anymore ?

Andy62

Yes no problem This is what I used
Partridge size 10 Bomber
White GSP thread
Uni Mylar Hol Silver #12
Silver wire
Tail - blue and white bucktail
First hackle - Teal Blue Schlappen
2nd hackle - blue peacock neck
Head is GSP with a black permanent marker
Touch of varnish
There was no tying list, just the photo

lewiswearfisher

And this is my larger silhouette fly for darker nights, will fish this 1inch and above, glister sparkle dubbed body for profile and a bucktail wing, the silhouette is what I'm going for, nothing fancy at all, a myler rib to add the effect and it should have a huge contrast in the water...Screenshot_20220121-123311_Gallery.jpg

lewiswearfisher

Large profile
Slim profile
Doubles
Surface lure/muddler
That's it, that's all it needs, ?

Teal Blue And Long John Silver

Yeah love the other one too. Not being nit picky but if you haven't put a little bit of glue on the back of the broad tinsel rib then you might want to consider it. The first angry sea trout that hits it will tear it a new proverbial. If you have smeared the back of the tinsel with glue then tell the big daft gormless lad from St. Helens to mind his own business :ROFLMAO:

lewiswearfisher

Yeah love the other one too. Not being nit picky but if you haven't put a little bit of glue on the back of the broad tinsel rib then you might want to consider it. The first angry sea trout that hits it will tear it a new proverbial. If you have smeared the back of the tinsel with glue then tell the big daft gormless lad from St. Helens to mind his own business :ROFLMAO:
???? I'm thinking maybe using holographic braid on the next ones, multifibre should hold up fine ?