Messing about on the vice

Andy62

Cheers, one year on at tying flies and they are starting to look like something :LOL:
I quite like the Haugar pattern and I'll tie some on some smaller hooks to try in the Naver estuary this summer and some small doubles for the other rivers. The little one will be getting a swim as well.

billy fish

Here is last nights effort, although I confess to tying a few other trout flies as well. The next fly will be called 'The Patterdale' after Ernie, it's going to be black with a white throat :)

View attachment 94290
You will not be surprised to hear me say “that’s my kind of fly” . Lovely fly with the right colours and well tied.

Andy62

I think we both have an eye for the same kind of flies, the fly appears in this month's Trout & Salmon and I'm hoping it will serve me well in Scotland this year.

billy67

Thats a catcher for sure and yet again the standard of tying is exellent
I think that I will be having a go at tying some of these spiders (y)

stoatstail

I think we both have an eye for the same kind of flies, the fly appears in this month's Trout & Salmon and I'm hoping it will serve me well in Scotland this year.
Any chance you can post the pattern details mate?
One of my customers gives me his T&S's every few months so I don't bother buying it anymore 👍

Andy62

Yes no problem This is what I used
Partridge size 10 Bomber
White GSP thread
Uni Mylar Hol Silver #12
Silver wire
Tail - blue and white bucktail
First hackle - Teal Blue Schlappen
2nd hackle - blue peacock neck
Head is GSP with a black permanent marker
Touch of varnish
There was no tying list, just the photo