Lune 2021

Andy62

Yes, it was a lovely fly water today and no spinning under 2ft. No other Anglers on the beat. Think the gale force winds put the rest off ?
Great result and the best way to end season.
well done ?

Reactions: T7

T7

Thanks for the kind words chaps. I was pretty surprised and pleased with that one ?

Teal Blue And Long John Silver

Hold the phones folks. Very heavy rain forecast over all of Cumbria tonight. 10 inches at least. I hope nobody gets hurt or flooded out of their houses. if the Lune gets a slug and then drops off the last 2 days Saturday and Sunday could get a little bit funky :)

Well, well well there appears to be no damage to life or property from yesterday's extremely heavy rain in Cumbria. This is of course a great relief. The river appears to be in reasonable order if not a little bit over full of blown in leaves. Gotta be worth a final chuck of the dice this weekend. Saturday I am going to Bournemouth to collect the new bike I have just bought myself. Sunday however is looking all a bit interesting. To any and all of you going out for a little paddle I wish you the very best of luck ;)

Andy62

I'm watching the gauge and the weather, there maybe a final chance at Drybeck on Sunday, the clocks change this weekend so it would have to be an early start.

Andy62

I went to the Lune yesterday, I was up early and the weather in Cheshire was dire, torrential rain and the wind was blowing. River levels dropping on the lune (0.89m) at Killington and upstream. It was one last throw of the dice or go to Lamaload, the weather is usually worse up above Macclesfield and I haven't had a chance of a day on the Lune this year. Off I went, 40 minutes later on the M6 and the rain has stopped, blue sky in the distance which gave me some hope. The weather was good at Drybeck, levels were good but the leaves were like a thick soup. After driving an hour and forty minutes I thought I'd just stay. The river started to rise again which brought even more leaves but then started to drop and there was a brief period of fishing without removing a leaf from the fly at every cast. I walked back to the car for some food and it started raining. I went back to make my claim on the record amount of leaves caught in one fishing session, ended up soaked and watching an Egret who was looking a bit lost. Should I have stayed at home - probably :ROFLMAO:

T7

I went to the Lune yesterday, I was up early and the weather in Cheshire was dire, torrential rain and the wind was blowing. River levels dropping on the lune (0.89m) at Killington and upstream. It was one last throw of the dice or go to Lamaload, the weather is usually worse up above Macclesfield and I haven't had a chance of a day on the Lune this year. Off I went, 40 minutes later on the M6 and the rain has stopped, blue sky in the distance which gave me some hope. The weather was good at Drybeck, levels were good but the leaves were like a thick soup. After driving an hour and forty minutes I thought I'd just stay. The river started to rise again which brought even more leaves but then started to drop and there was a brief period of fishing without removing a leaf from the fly at every cast. I walked back to the car for some food and it started raining. I went back to make my claim on the record amount of leaves caught in one fishing session, ended up soaked and watching an Egret who was looking a bit lost. Should I have stayed at home - probably :ROFLMAO:
Unlucky Andy. Drybeck is a lovely part of the valley. Another time you’d have been rewarded for your perseverance ?

luney

I shall be fishing at Dalmarnock on the Mighty Tay. Forget your insignificant little puddles, hire a minibus and all come and point your titties north. I have Bollinger, Saki, Japanese single malt, enough gin to float the USS Arizona, more salmon flies than Fulling Mill and more Loomis rods than the Shimano factory. Be thinkers, not stinkers the 40lb Mighty Tay fish are here in Old Testament abundance (holy shit, I better not blank :oops: )
Just seen that G, Jesus G you should get a job with the Scottish tourist board
I was running round looking for my fishing bag!!! Maybe next season?

luney

Hi guys hope everyone is well,
Any of you in LDAA had any news from them regarding catches? Thought I'd have had a news letter by now, must still be trying to add up all the fish this season.?? Another Association I'm in further up river has had a pretty disappointing season too☹
Regards Paul

Any of you in LDAA had any news from them regarding catches? Thought I'd have had a news letter by now, must still be trying to add up all the fish this season.?? Another Association I'm in further up river has had a pretty disappointing season too☹
Regards Paul

It will probably come as no great surprise to you that the river has had the worst season in living memory. This information is largely anecdotal of course since it seems a lot of clubs have still not yet announced catch returns. Probably too embarrassed to do so while holding out their greezy mitts for 2022 subscriptions. My information does cone from reputable sources who never usually let me down

T7

Regards Paul
Nothing yet Paul. Usually comes with the renewal letter IIRC ?