Lune 2021

Andy62

I went to Drybeck, the road is closed by the farm and I could only just get into the car park as the contractors are using it. I had a walk along the river and saw a sea trout of around a pound in the main pool. I would have liked to have fished there but it was very difficult to get in and out, I didn’t fancy it in the dark. I drove back to Hornby to fish the Wenning. I saw four fish, the smallest one was around a pound and a half which jumped no more then ten foot from me while I was waiting for darkness. I had one take at 11 which turned out to be a 1lb brown trout and had one other nip at the fly. No other takes and left at 01:00 as I had driven up from working in Hampshire earlier. Very little sign of other anglers on the PA stretches, no trampled grass on both beats but I could see a head torch on the far bank of the Lune opposite the Wenning junction. The apple trick worked on the way home 👍

Andy62

The weather forecast isn't great, being as we live on an Island I can only hope it changes. High pressure over North America and Spain doesn't make a wet forecast.