Looking forward

luney

Maybe a few more daytime expeditions, 3 fly tactics during a rising & falling spate or even normal summer levels. We'll see.
A guy who was in our club years ago wouldn't fish at night for some reason. He would however fish the runs on a falling spate on the Lune. He caught his fair share on Gold head Hares ears nymphs. Might try this next season.👍

Teal Blue And Long John Silver

A guy who was in our club years ago wouldn't fish at night for some reason. He would however fish the runs on a falling spate on the Lune. He caught his fair share on Gold head Hares ears nymphs. Might try this next season.👍

I posted a load of drivel a couple of months ago under the Thread Title B270. The patterns in there are essentially dressed for daytime falling spates. They work extremely well on the Lune and elsewhere ;)

Andy62

Be careful of the PAAS 3words, some are wrong. I corrected one for the Dane and last Sunday I was at Osbaldeston on the Ribble. Two other guys travelled using the 3words and ended up on the opposite bank. Check them on the map before setting out. First time I had been there but it looked quite interesting and good size fish showed in the tail of the pool at the mid section 'beach' area.

Be careful of the PAAS 3words, some are wrong. I corrected one for the Dane and last Sunday I was at Osbaldeston on the Ribble. Two other guys travelled using the 3words and ended up on the opposite bank. Check them on the map before setting out. First time I had been there but it looked quite interesting and good size fish showed in the tail of the pool at the mid section 'beach' area.

Once again Simon sings me a completely bum note. I can now see the most common 3 words I might be heard screaming while using this application is 'WHAT THE F**K' :ROFLMAO:

I have this 3 words app but still haven’t figured out how to use it yet…
surely you’ll need to know the location or postcode of the parking area you intend driving to.
A very good piece kit for others to locate where you are, if you get lost or in trouble.

Having had a bit of a mess round with it this morning I don't think you need any postcode at all. The app seems to run on Google Maps and with this in mind you can actually navigate to pretty much any location accurate to within 1m sq. It seems to rely on the fact that other users give you the 3 word location or you save the 3 word location yourself for somewhere you have been and want to go back to. I have been looking at the locations in the Tomtom that I saved for the Carlisle stuff that I am working on for you but cannot find an accurate way of transferring them across. I think the app has masses of potential once more people start to use it. Certainly from a fishing perspective I can see it paying dividends. I already have my favourite fishing location saved for Simon. It is 'MIND YEROWN BUSINESS' :devilish:

T7

Good tip!

T7

Having had a bit of a mess round with it this morning I don't think you need any postcode at all. The app seems to run on Google Maps and with this in mind you can actually navigate to pretty much any location accurate to within 1m sq. It seems to rely on the fact that other users give you the 3 word location or you save the 3 word location yourself for somewhere you have been and want to go back to. I have been looking at the locations in the Tomtom that I saved for the Carlisle stuff that I am working on for you but cannot find an accurate way of transferring them across. I think the app has masses of potential once more people start to use it. Certainly from a fishing perspective I can see it paying dividends. I already have my favourite fishing location saved for Simon. It is 'MIND YEROWN BUSINESS' :devilish:
the.hut.pool ??

luney

The PAAS stretch on the Ribble at Osbaldestone was on Clitheroe Anglers books at one time. It was a great beat for salmon in lower water. You didnt want more than about 9 inch on the board. The house pool and the pool below always gave us fish. My oldest son caught his first salmon there many moons ago. I was gutted when they gave it up...Hooked a BIG salmon in there on a flying C I couldn't move it got it going a bit but it decided it head back to sea and came off🤦‍♂️😪😪

Andy62

That's good information, I'm sure it was a late salmon I saw at the tail of the pool. I was meeting up with some old friends with whom we run a challenge trophy every year in memory of fellow angler. None are game anglers, I caught 3 nice chub trotting bread down the bottom end and the winner received his trophy for a 4lb 4oz perch he caught last year (Off the Ribble)

haptonlad

The PAAS stretch on the Ribble at Osbaldestone was on Clitheroe Anglers books at one time. It was a great beat for salmon in lower water. You didnt want more than about 9 inch on the board. The house pool and the pool below always gave us fish. My oldest son caught his first salmon there many moons ago. I was gutted when they gave it up...Hooked a BIG salmon in there on a flying C I couldn't move it got it going a bit but it decided it head back to sea and came off🤦‍♂️😪😪
Are you still in Clitheroe AA Paul ?
I fished this water this season about 6 times after rejoining PAAS

I used to fish at Sawley when I was with Yorkshire Fly. It was a really decent beat and took a fair chunk of fish. Yorkshire have now apparently landed themselves in a massive wrangle with the chap who owns the huge house that half the beat skirts around. The feller concerned bought Sawley Hall and then went on to flatten it completely and rebuild it from scratch. They gave him a complimentary membership as he built them a car park. Ther following year he told them that he wanted al of the fishing as his exclusive toy and asked what they wanted to fold up tents? They refused and he dug up the car park and then the bun fight really started. Last I heard there was court action being mooted. Silly really since there really is more than enough fishing for all :(