Keeping it simple

Dropper

If you want to taste the flavours that different fish have to offer you'll have to keep your ingredients to a minimum, because the delicate flavours of fish can so easily be overpowered by the components you've added.

One of the ways I like to cook fish is to bake in foil in the oven with a little salt, pepper, butter and a squeeze of lemon.

For quickness you could even nuke it in the microwave for a couple of minutes.

It doesn't get any simpler than this.:)

D

S

silverinvicta

keep it simple

keep it simple

Dropper...:D You wanna bet?

Sewin.. take a portion, wash in salt water, pat dry with a soft cloth. Leave in

fridge for one hour, Sqeeze the juice of one lemon over the fish front and back.

A little black pepper...Sea salt,? a tad..leave for 1hour....

Its ready..Tastes feckin awful.. but you can eat it :( ....if your desperate..:D

Si...... ;)

S

silverinvicta

fish ughhh

fish ughhh

Dropper, I dont eat much fish mate... Tuna, cod and Herring, about it. I will eat some others but i dont rave about any.....I Like fresh Tuna, so does my cat..:D
I will eat Sewin, but aint killed a fish for a few yrs now......

Si...

redfox

Doghouse usually or at the pie shed at Brunton Par
A chunk of Smoked Haddock, Cooked (simmered) in a frying pan of milk (just enough to cover), use the milk from the fish and add to with a Knorr cheese sauce mix, pour over fish, serve with Squashed cream potatoes and a tin of processed peas.

Absolute Heaven, food to kill for.

redfox

S

silverinvicta

Haddock

Haddock

Bung a poached egg on top, and i will agree with you.. Smoked Haddock IS my favourite.......:D:D:D:D

Si...................

There are few things nicer in the World than cold poached sewin.

Clean your fish, put in a poaching pan, fill with cold water ( you can bugger about with wine, seasoning lemon juice etc but I'm not certain of the difference it makes). Bring to the slowly to the boil, just - and turn it off Leave it covered to go cold in the water.

Eat then with mayonnaise or Aioli, and bread or salad - or some spuds.

Salarex

If you REALLY want to keep it simple, take soy sauce and wasabi paste with you to the river bank.

On catching a sewin, quickly skin and fillet it, cut fillet into slices, dip in soy sauce then wasabi to taste and enjoy. :D

crockski

I just give mine to the wife and it comes back an hour or so later as something tasty.......:D.......at least it will, when i actually catch a bugger.....:D:D:rolleyes:....

Norsy

Legend
I have seen what some of the lads on here do with fish and its not nice:D. You give a man a nice lump of home smocked Haddock and he cooks it in MILK :eek::eek: then covers it with cheese :confused: If it that bad don't eat it :D:D:D:D.

LB1

Surely putting lemon on fish to marinate it first is going to cook it from the lemons acidity.I always think lemon squeezed on in the end tastes better

Interesting to see what a ceviche would taste like with sewin or trout.Like the sound of the sashimi though - should I grate my own wasabe as well for pure freshness ;):D:D

I'd better catch some fish first to find out!

lb1

LB1

Whoops,no one mentioned putting lemon on the fish first so bit of a blunder there.

Could be good though........mexican style!

lb1

clydefisher

i like to put my seatrout under the grill with a bit of salt and peper some butter and a tiny splash of soya sauce only takes a few minutes and tastes great