Jungle Cock

Alwyn

Anyone have an suggestions as to where I can buy a good quality jungle cock cape? I don't trust the ones I see on eBay. I used to use Bransford Game which were great but the chap has retired now.

T7

Can’t help but I do know they’re bloomin expensive these days!

Teal Blue And Long John Silver

Anyone have an suggestions as to where I can buy a good quality jungle cock cape? I don't trust the ones I see on eBay. I used to use Bransford Game which were great but the chap has retired now.

I am just waiting on some. Having said that I have been waiting quite a while now. When they turn up I will do you one at cost. This is of course supposing that they do turn up :oops:

weatherman

I always find the use of Jungle Cock very interesting, aesthetically it's very pleasing however, is it necessary? Don't get me wrong, I use it myself, not only for sewin but also split fot trout fly patterns. Does look good to me though. (y)

weatherman

A fly looks naked without it to me 😀
It does with many fully dressed salmon flies from a bygone age, yet from many modern patterns there aren't that many incorporating them in their patterns. Some tend to prefer a dyed goose biot or some such. Would that inclusion be beneficial to a seatrout lure? Who knows? Please let a seatrout answer this post... ;)

Alwyn

It does with many fully dressed salmon flies from a bygone age, yet from many modern patterns there aren't that many incorporating them in their patterns. Some tend to prefer a dyed goose biot or some such. Would that inclusion be beneficial to a seatrout lure? Who knows? Please let a seatrout answer this post... ;)
Good points, although I have a feeling that in the main, a fly needs to lure the angler first and then the fish. 😀