Jungle Cock

Alwyn

Anyone have an suggestions as to where I can buy a good quality jungle cock cape? I don't trust the ones I see on eBay. I used to use Bransford Game which were great but the chap has retired now.

T7

Can’t help but I do know they’re bloomin expensive these days!

Teal Blue And Long John Silver

Anyone have an suggestions as to where I can buy a good quality jungle cock cape? I don't trust the ones I see on eBay. I used to use Bransford Game which were great but the chap has retired now.

I am just waiting on some. Having said that I have been waiting quite a while now. When they turn up I will do you one at cost. This is of course supposing that they do turn up :oops:

weatherman

I always find the use of Jungle Cock very interesting, aesthetically it's very pleasing however, is it necessary? Don't get me wrong, I use it myself, not only for sewin but also split fot trout fly patterns. Does look good to me though. (y)

weatherman

A fly looks naked without it to me 😀
It does with many fully dressed salmon flies from a bygone age, yet from many modern patterns there aren't that many incorporating them in their patterns. Some tend to prefer a dyed goose biot or some such. Would that inclusion be beneficial to a seatrout lure? Who knows? Please let a seatrout answer this post... ;)

Alwyn

It does with many fully dressed salmon flies from a bygone age, yet from many modern patterns there aren't that many incorporating them in their patterns. Some tend to prefer a dyed goose biot or some such. Would that inclusion be beneficial to a seatrout lure? Who knows? Please let a seatrout answer this post... ;)
Good points, although I have a feeling that in the main, a fly needs to lure the angler first and then the fish. 😀

weatherman

Good points, although I have a feeling that in the main, a fly needs to lure the angler first and then the fish. 😀
Isn't that always the case, beauty always being in the eye of the beholder. Do fish see it as being the same, or food?

Cumbrian Blue

I'm not wanting to put a dampener on things, but it may create a bit of banter and interaction, Maybe a seperate post on which we can add our thoughts, but I've never been a lover of Jungle Cock on my flies, never have, but that's my preference. Yes they look good but are they essential ???

T7

I'm not wanting to put a dampener on things, but it may create a bit of banter and interaction, Maybe a seperate post on which we can add our thoughts, but I've never been a lover of Jungle Cock on my flies, never have, but that's my preference. Yes they look good but are they essential ???
Not essential for the fish but may be essential to certain fishermen!

Alwyn

The way I look at it is that the blighters are hard enough to catch anyway so if JC might help in any way, best to add some! I also feel that flies look better with JC and if I like the fly, the more I‘m going to fish it with conviction. I also bought a cape from AM Flytying by the way and it’s decent quality and I’m very happy with it.

Lgraydonflyfishing

The way I look at it is that the blighters are hard enough to catch anyway so if JC might help in any way, best to add some! I also feel that flies look better with JC and if I like the fly, the more I‘m going to fish it with conviction. I also bought a cape from AM Flytying by the way and it’s decent quality and I’m very happy with it.
Am have some quality gear, really like there tube work systems and cones 👍🎣