I've Got The Vibe

Teal Blue And Long John Silver

In November 2019 I bought a Vision Vibe 85 floating fly line after it was recommended to me by a good friend. I spooled it up and stuck it on a spare spool for one of my Nautilus reels. It has sat in the bottom of my fly fishing bag ever since. Yesterday while out fishing it fell out of my bag and I had a 7 weight rod with me. After putting my salmon rod away I set up with a 7 weight Loomis NRX single handed rod. Made some provisional overhead casts and the line shoots like nothing on earth. Made some single handed Spey casts and the line shoots like nothing on earth. I have to say a really exceptional fly casting line. Dual colour yellow head with an ivory running line and a very small integrated loop on the front end ticks every box for me. I don't know for a fact but very strongly suspect with the feel of the coating and the way the line is made the line is in every likelihood made by Airflo. It is not dissimilar to the Barrio SLX but has a less aggressive front end taper. It is also a million fold better produced than the Barrio's. Have this morning ordered an 8 weight and my Barrio SLX 8 weight will be coming off the reel. I must say a truly exceptional fly line ;)

weatherman

Always good to read a positive review of decent fishing gear, whether it's some line nippers or a decent baseball cap. Thank you for this informative input. (y)

SteveG

In November 2019 I bought a Vision Vibe 85 floating fly line after it was recommended to me by a good friend. I spooled it up and stuck it on a spare spool for one of my Nautilus reels. It has sat in the bottom of my fly fishing bag ever since. Yesterday while out fishing it fell out of my bag and I had a 7 weight rod with me. After putting my salmon rod away I set up with a 7 weight Loomis NRX single handed rod. Made some provisional overhead casts and the line shoots like nothing on earth. Made some single handed Spey casts and the line shoots like nothing on earth. I have to say a really exceptional fly casting line. Dual colour yellow head with an ivory running line and a very small integrated loop on the front end ticks every box for me. I don't know for a fact but very strongly suspect with the feel of the coating and the way the line is made the line is in every likelihood made by Airflo. It is not dissimilar to the Barrio SLX but has a less aggressive front end taper. It is also a million fold better produced than the Barrio's. Have this morning ordered an 8 weight and my Barrio SLX 8 weight will be coming off the reel. I must say a truly exceptional fly line ;)
So now I’m thinking do I need a new line 😂 always good to hear a good recommendation 👍

SteveG

I have to admit I’m the same when I get something that works I like to share it. I got myself a Hodgman aesis hyperdry down jacket last year from GAC is a great bit of kit, I thought I got a bargain at 90 quid until I received an email yesterday telling me they were down to 70 quid, so I thought a spare was in order told a few of my fishing mates who had commented on it, ended up placing an order for 5 this morning 😂 I’m now a distributor for GAC 😂

Lgraydonflyfishing

I have to admit I’m the same when I get something that works I like to share it. I got myself a Hodgman aesis hyperdry down jacket last year from GAC is a great bit of kit, I thought I got a bargain at 90 quid until I received an email yesterday telling me they were down to 70 quid, so I thought a spare was in order told a few of my fishing mates who had commented on it, ended up placing an order for 5 this morning 😂 I’m now a distributor for GAC 😂
Any guideline lpxe salmon rods mate, let me know 🤣🤣🤣🤣