How was the season for you?

phl

The forum has gone very quiet, which I guess is becauset the season is pretty well over. How was it for everyone? As usual these days, I din't get to do much sea trout fishing: one nice fish on my only trip to the Wenning, and a quiet week on the Dysynni. Has it been a good year for anyone?

Paul

sewinfly

The forum has gone very quiet, which I guess is becauset the season is pretty well over. How was it for everyone? As usual these days, I din't get to do much sea trout fishing: one nice fish on my only trip to the Wenning, and a quiet week on the Dysynni. Has it been a good year for anyone?

Paul
Few more weeks of the season left.
I suppose will pursue salmon on our beat.
For the few trips I had for sewin on the Itchen done ok, so can't complain.

6 salmon so far not good and lost 2.

Hopefully will get a few more before the end of the season,.

Sewinfly. ..........

tom_o_m

Pretty average. I got all my 4 fish af the start of the season and life/conditions conspired to prevent me fishing during the peak period at all. Some limited back end fishing in hope rather than expectation was suitably unproductive.

dj33

i managed one sewin this year, back in june , i planned to fish in august to october but every time i attempted to get out the river was in flood, so for me not the the best season , always 2020

Alwyn

Relatively poor for me. Strangely my season’s tally in 2019 was exactly what it was in 2018. I fished Woodmill Pool and it was the worst season I’ve experienced there. I fished Testwood and the season was OK but not the best that I’ve experienced. I fished the Towy a few times and although I saw a lot more fish than in recent seasons, catching them was another matter and my season’s tally was quite modest. I picked up a few fish on some separate sessions on the Dyfi and Avon. My total for the season was quite respectable but I put in a lot of fishing hours to get it and it was less than half of what I’ve had in seasons past. Enjoyed it though and can’t wait until next season!

Reactions: phl

haptonlad

A poor season for the sea trout, about 4 & a few herling. Just when the season was was hitting prime time, the river kept on flooding so the fish run straight through our beat.
I had a good back end with the salmon, I didn't land my first of the season till 2nd Oct but had 3 on the fly that evening & lost another.
I managed 8 & lost 5
Roll on 2020

hollyfish

A poor season for the sea trout, about 4 & a few herling. Just when the season was was hitting prime time, the river kept on flooding so the fish run straight through our beat.
I had a good back end with the salmon, I didn't land my first of the season till 2nd Oct but had 3 on the fly that evening & lost another.
I managed 8 & lost 5
Roll on 2020
Quite a good season by anyone's standard.
Do you know the average number of Sea Trout per season?

phl

I always keep an eye on the annual catch statistics produced by the EA:

- which has catch returns for salmon and sea trout in all English and Welsh rivers. Unfortunately, they are very slow to update it - the latest report is for 2017!

Paul

x-rap

Not much difference numbers wise on the Seatrout, ten for me, one less than last year. Lots of night time fly fishing time lost due to high water at the best times. All my seatrout caught on the needle tube during darkness apart from one on the spinner from the North Tyne.
Big drop in my salmon catch, three caught, two on the fly from the Wear and one on the Toby from the main Tyne, down 70% from 2018.
Looking forward to 2020.