Holiday Cottage Scotland

Aled

Hello All
I'm looking for a holiday location in Scotland during October/November.
What i would like is a self catering cottage, caravan, or chalet with access to its own beat of salmon river within walking distance of the cottage. I it has a pub within walking distance as well perfect!
Those of you who have stayed at Wainsford or River Mead in Cornwall will now exactly what i mean.
Any advice appreciated.
Cheers
Aled

Andy R

Aled,

If you want accommodation with fishing you can try CKD Galbraith- they're a big sporting agency in Scotland with whom I've booked my Spring salmon fishing since 2001- they're pretty good for the highlands- although this may be a little late for your trip-dependent on the river. And where listed their accommodation is attached to fishing/shooting/stalking- sometime stand alone, sometimes on estates.

http://www.sportinglets.co.uk/fishing.htm

Andy

Reactions: T7

T7

Bumping this thread. Aled, did you get a cottage/lodge in the end? Would you recommend it?

ian1104

Bumping this thread. Aled, did you get a cottage/lodge in the end? Would you recommend it?
T7 if you do find somewhere, can you also let me know? Hoping to get away for a long weekend at some point this year.

Thanks
Ian

Teal Blue And Long John Silver

I have a place that I stay at when I take parties onto the River Tay. It is a fantastic cottage but it only houses 4 people. Maybe 5 at a push as I think the settee rolls out into some kind of lumbar wrenching contraption. It is a really lovely gaff and I would highly recommend it. Situated just outside Pitlochry about 10 minutes from the Kinnaird Beat.

Tried posting a link and it would not load properly. The place is called Courtyard Cottage and is at Croftinloan Farm. Lady who owns it is called Miriam Galt.